Anyone ride 50 acre wood in Bristol?

Rode both Ashton Wood and 50 acre today.

50 acre was fairly unpleasant, as there was pretty much zero grip on the roots and rocks.

As I was riding my Roberts for the first time, I actually got off a walked a couple of times. I suspect it would be a much better ride when completely dry, and I will go back again. Oh and as a horse owner / rider, I was very taken by the wall eyed pony who lives at the entrance to the trail. He and I shared a choccie bar when I was on the way back out.

Ashton was a hoot. I was riding with my son (jonXmac) and we warmed up with a quick whizz around the perimeter, including a left turn onto the rooty single tack at the end of the long flat straight.

After that, we started to explore a lot of the little single track trails, including one or two of the 'unofficial' tracks that the local guys have built...MAN! Some of those trails are nuts, and fair play to the guys who ride them.

Anyway, there are several hours of further exploration to do, so we'll be up there again sometime soon.

NeilM":zh1vctpg said:
50 acre was fairly unpleasant, as there was pretty much zero grip on the roots and rocks.

I did try to warn you ;) Glad the rest is still riding well, I may try and squeeza a pre mayhem trash there one eveing this week.

I will sort another retro meet in July / August time

Cheers

James

Your warning was well heeded James, but the boy and I thought we'd take a look anyway.

I have a couple of decent grazes this evening. You know the sort; rock induced graze on the knee and chainring graze on the calf :oops:

Still, we had a laugh and at least I got to meet the friendly pony, always a bonus for me.

Look forward to another Bristol ride. I'll be better prepared this time, and I'll bring Jon as well.

Had a great time when I was there. So much so that even in my unfit state I didn't want to go home lol!

Back