Broken Litespeed Archon

Panza

Old School Hero
I have a 2010 Litespeed Archon.
I rode it for more than 50.000km plus rollers in the winter. Then the frame broke where the der.hanger is bolted on. There is also a crack where the chainstay is welded to the BB-shell.

No point is sending it in for warranty, we all know how that will go. But I can't find anyone to repair it. That means someone who actually knows what they are doing. Any ideas ?

I was quite disappointed when it broke since it's a nice stiff ride, and it fits me perfectly. But IMHO Litespeed went too far with the weight saving: The dropouts and such are just too thin.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained re: warranty. It only takes an email and a couple of photos to find out.

People have said good things about Enigma IIRC. But there is also one individual who has posted pretty much everywhere about how upset they are with their service after their frame failed (repeatedly).

Vernon Barker is another option although speaking from experience while it'll be cheap, it won't be pretty. Opinions differ on whether they know what they are doing. I've had two frame fixes by Vernon, which certainly looked a bit frankenstein's monster but they both worked well and didn't fail.

For repairs to titanium bike frames these people might be able to help:

Limit fabrication?

Last edited:
The warnings about the difficulty of repairing ti are real. The ti really really will crack and oxidize of you try without keeping the oxygen away while it’s hot.

Where I live there are custom ti builders but the cheapest fix for my slightly cracked seat tube was much more than the value of my frame (>$1k).

Is an uncommon thing these days to find something where only a select few can do the work. Maybe similar to microsoldering a cell phone circuit board.

Repairing Ti isn’t difficult as such it’s just demanding, as you say. Comply with the particular necessaries and it’s quite simple.
As greencat mentions Vernons work receives a lot of valid criticism for its cosmetic execution but not much for its efficacy, as it does seem to hold up.

Back