Rockshox Reba Race disc mount?

was8v":1t007pu7 said:
misteroo":1t007pu7 said:
OK...so does this means I will have to get a 180mm or as mine is 165mm do i need to go to 185mm??

Its very confusing isn't it. What I would do is buy The "KCNC 160" off clee cycles. This claims to not need a bigger disc so just use your current disc - it puts the IS mount in the standard position.

However it might not fit your forks. And according to whatleymeister it didn't put the caliper in the right place for him.

If it doesn't work for you then return to to clee cycle, they say they will refund. Then buy this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=13735 and a +20mm disc so a 185mm disc from Hope which will 100% work but obviously costs more as you have to buy the disc too (not a bad idea to go to 185mm though).

The CRC one is the one Hope have recommended + a bigger rotor!! :?

misteroo":1snw1lck said:
was8v":1snw1lck said:
misteroo":1snw1lck said:
OK...so does this means I will have to get a 180mm or as mine is 165mm do i need to go to 185mm??

Its very confusing isn't it. What I would do is buy The "KCNC 160" off clee cycles. This claims to not need a bigger disc so just use your current disc - it puts the IS mount in the standard position.

However it might not fit your forks. And according to whatleymeister it didn't put the caliper in the right place for him.

If it doesn't work for you then return to to clee cycle, they say they will refund. Then buy this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=13735 and a +20mm disc so a 185mm disc from Hope which will 100% work but obviously costs more as you have to buy the disc too (not a bad idea to go to 185mm though).

The CRC one is the one Hope have recommended + a bigger rotor!! :?
It was most infuriating. No alleged increased rotor size but it definitley sat proud of the disc. While I could actually justify a shiny new disc going from 160 to 180 on XC bike, I couldnt justify going to a 225mm disc on my XC bike, it would have simply been too much! Perhaps I was dong it wrong, but I had it mounted the same was as the picture and it just wasnt having it. Gutted i had to sell the Hopes, but I was short of patience and a post mount disc was a easy cop out :roll:

Got to be worth a shot for you though mate. Like has been said, you can always get a refund on it. just dont scratch it when you offer it up to see!!

OK to cut through these super long answers
Yes you need that adaptor and yes you need to increase the size to either 180 or 185

Until the adaptor is fitted you wont know which.
My advice is buy the adaptor first and try it with a 180 it theres too much clearance then but a 185 and put the 180 up for sale.

dyna-ti":c34y919l said:
OK to cut through these super long answers
Yes you need that adaptor and yes you need to increase the size to either 180 or 185

Until the adaptor is fitted you wont know which.
My advice is buy the adaptor first and try it with a 180 it theres too much clearance then but a 185 and put the 180 up for sale.

The CRC one??

Mark...sounds like a great idea!! At least I would know for sure!

Did you want to post it??

OK..all sorted.

Bought the Hope one from CRC, and a 185mm rotor....
DSC01770.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

So then I thought...well I may as well put the old 165mm on the back, so another adaptor was ordered...
DSC01772.jpg

thanks for all the advice guys... :)

Back