eBay advice, bike arrive with slight damage

That just goes to show that there still are some decent people out there. IMO that deserves some very positive feedback.

If he used a full sized bike box then £40 is roughly the cheapest quote I last got for a large bike box and a rough weight of 16kg well packaged. All the comments on prices I see on here and elsewhere assumes you can get the bike into a box that is under 3m in circumference or else say it is and gamble you dont get caught.

Glad the seller is sorting the fork issue. That is great service.

Yeah £40 is the average fully insured price I think.

The seller has been great & I'd probably bite the postage, send the forks back & get a fresh set.

yes there are some nicer people selling on ebay i got a gary fisher big sur once and when it was delivered the gear shifters didnt move at all and the forks didnt move at all
i messaged him a bit miffed but the bike was totally mint condition and really well packed up
he said hae not ridden it in 6 years
AND GAVE ME A FULL REFUND OF 225.00 QUID
and said i could keep the bike as it sounds like i knew all about how to get it to work ok
what a top seller

It is nice to deal with genuine people. Sent him a message asking for £20 and I'll be happy with that. Saves the cost of sending forks to each other etc. From reading what others have done with stanchion marks, I should be able to lightly sand the marks out. Probably lucky the forks have polished stanchions rather than anodised, should make things easier.

Have faith everyone :D

Back