It starts again... Pace RC104 this time

AK is a tall chap but the frame is just a medium.

Great to see it being used for intended purpose at last

!

Not bored yet! Well I have been looking at carbon hardtails and full sus AM rides! :LOL:

I'm a smidge over 6ft and to be honest, if I'd got my time again (Dave i'm sure you remember me going backwards and forwards deciding) I think I go for a large frame. There's not much in it, but I think a large would give the stretched out XC style ride I'd been used to before.
I'm happy with her though and she's great fun for what I want right now ;)

No real updates.
I've a new XTR rear mech to pop on (anyone want a Saint mech?), and erm... i love riding her :shock: and she gets used :D

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 938
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 938
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 938
I've been having loads of fun on this recently! I'm learning more about my riding and pushing more and more as it inspires confidence. I'm now running full XTR which is faultless. Forks are amazing (you can loose a little skin on the hub clips if not careful) and super stiff. I'm tempted to run a shorter stem and flats, practicing whips clipped in is a little hairy, but I find I don't like flats over any distance... Hmmm dunno?
The only other thing I can think I've not had a go at is tubeless? I don't really know much about em or how to get started, advice appreciated :D
To sum up... this is a bike I think I'll keep for some time. Pig in ermmm :shock:

New set of boots and a Thomson post. Will be putting some more Maxxis highrollers on once the weather gets better. Cannock next week for a play mi thinks :D

ce062857.jpg

So another change of boots :roll:
I've been waiting weeks for these Highrollers to rock up, but they are awesome bits of rubber. I'm fond of running 1.9's and these are the best I've had. I've also added some green rubber bling to the seat post. Why?

73d58927.jpg

Still really enjoying riding and I've toyed with various other bits of kit but I'm just not ready to put this down yet! It's surprising me ;)

My love affair with Pace has taken me from various RC200's, an RC300 and a RC104. The 104 has been a shed load of fun and it’s the longest I’ve kept a ride for a while!
All have been great fun and completely varied in the rides but i've had a craving for some time.
I had been on the lookout for Scott Scale or On One Whippet, very nearly bought a yellow and green Whippet last week but held back… and what for?
Well I’ve never ridden one, I’ve only ever had one of its type before and sold it after riding around the block after not liking it. So I’ve manned up a bought me one! I’m doing lots of road riding at the mo and wanted something completely opposite to give me that buzz of off road riding again!
So I’ve moved from a Yorkshire hardtail and got me a Halifax full susser :shock:
Bye bye Pace for now. History tells me it won’t be long before I have another :D

Back