OVERBURYS.

We_are_Stevo":2p6meagz said:
sinnerman":2p6meagz said:
I would very MUCH like to finish the bike off with a silver Shimano Deore DX seatpost though, instead of the one shown in the pic above, which i think is a replacement fitted at some point in time.

Does anyone have one.....it would be the last piece of the puzzle for phase one of this journey.... :oops:

Don't know what size you're after but if shimming is an option?

Thank you for the link thats Perfect.... :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sinnerman":2lsrnj6f said:
We_are_Stevo":2lsrnj6f said:
sinnerman":2lsrnj6f said:
I would very MUCH like to finish the bike off with a silver Shimano Deore DX seatpost though, instead of the one shown in the pic above, which i think is a replacement fitted at some point in time.

Does anyone have one.....it would be the last piece of the puzzle for phase one of this journey.... :oops:

Don't know what size you're after but if shimming is an option?

Thank you for the link thats Perfect.... :cool:

I'll not bid on that one then... ;) :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was overwhelmed to have recieved this particular bike as a gift for christmas, the problem for me started when i assembled it after opening the box.

The trouble with it, was the colour, it was the exact model i had searched for, for a very long time, and this was the exact model used by Overburys in there advertising, when trying to compete with Far east imports.

For this Reason alone, i wanted to keep the original colours, "but" it just looked tatty and well.... a little "EL CHEAPO" to be honest.

After searching for other examples, i did think seriously about a colour change, and to be fair this pondering on my part slowed up the refinish-rebuild process for me.

But as i say, after a lot of thought and consideration, and some gentle persuasion by Miss Money Penny and Kurtis and Charlotte, i did decide to keep the paint Original colours, and after all the heartache over this decision i think :? i have made the right choice.

The Fresh paint has really brightened it up, and although typically a late 80"s colour scheme, i feel its come up pretty well.

Attachments

• PAINT FADE MATCHED.JPG
    PAINT FADE MATCHED.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,163
  • ORIGINAL COLOURS.JPG
    ORIGINAL COLOURS.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,163
  • COLOUR MATCHED.JPG
    COLOUR MATCHED.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,163

Attachments

• AS NEW.JPG
    AS NEW.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,161
  • GLOSS.....JPG
    GLOSS.....JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,161
Good choice! Totally think you've done the right thing and will be pleased with that decision a few years down the line.

Looks like a lovely job on it too :cool:

sinnerman":2jnho1yh said:
GoldenEraMTB":2jnho1yh said:
great thread and even greater Mrs. and kids :D

So, mind sharing the process you use for getting those old bits sparkling again?

Thanks mate. I think the kids think ive lost the plot, but thankfully the Misses does understand.....SHE GETS ME SHE GETS MY BIKES....!!!

As for the polishing, i seem to spend every waking minute these days polishing old bicycle components.... :roll: but i suppose it reduces the costs of the builds, and keeps the old kit from the scrap heap.

Originally i used the polishing machine i made from old washing machine parts, but sadly at the beginning of the year the motor packed up, and i have struggled ever since, so i had to bite the bullet, and revert to using a cheap bench grinder that i modified to use polishing mops.......and to be fair for a very cheap quick fix, it ticks the boxes perfectly well, and for around £60.00 all in, it cuts down on the work and time involved and saves my aging hands.

Pic one, the old faithful, pic two the new quick fix.

Other than the polisher, all thats needed is a tin of Brasso.

Awesome, thanks :)
I've yet to find a consistent, relatively easy way to polish and paint remove. So, always inquiring.

GoldenEraMTB":slfcej66 said:
sinnerman":slfcej66 said:
GoldenEraMTB":slfcej66 said:
great thread and even greater Mrs. and kids :D

So, mind sharing the process you use for getting those old bits sparkling again?

Thanks mate. I think the kids think ive lost the plot, but thankfully the Misses does understand.....SHE GETS ME SHE GETS MY BIKES....!!!

As for the polishing, i seem to spend every waking minute these days polishing old bicycle components.... :roll: but i suppose it reduces the costs of the builds, and keeps the old kit from the scrap heap.

Originally i used the polishing machine i made from old washing machine parts, but sadly at the beginning of the year the motor packed up, and i have struggled ever since, so i had to bite the bullet, and revert to using a cheap bench grinder that i modified to use polishing mops.......and to be fair for a very cheap quick fix, it ticks the boxes perfectly well, and for around £60.00 all in, it cuts down on the work and time involved and saves my aging hands.

Pic one, the old faithful, pic two the new quick fix.

Other than the polisher, all thats needed is a tin of Brasso.

Awesome, thanks :)
I've yet to find a consistent, relatively easy way to polish and paint remove. So, always inquiring.

No Probs anytime, i always feel its a cheat but time as it is, its precious enough.. :cool:

We_are_Stevo":145oz846 said:
Typical sinnerman understatement of his own abilities and attention to detail... ;)

:oops: oops now i feel Anal. :oops:

...Chill Out Sessions......C/O Bristols own. " Massive Attack and Portishead."

A rare sight to see Massive Attack and Portishead together.....And at a gig in there home town of Bristol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeAEv1R4wMY

fan of the Massive for nearly 20 years, and i understand one or two own an Overburys too.

Big Respect.

Attachments

• Live at the Paleo Festival.jpg
    Live at the Paleo Festival.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 490
  • Massive Attack Live..jpg
    Massive Attack Live..jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 490
Back