1992 Nishiki Ariel - finished p2!

RockiMtn":1edmkgft said:
oh, that's lovely. really like the brown on that frame and those tyres look good on that. you should consider a brown saddle and grips to go! ;)

looks like i have the same fork as you but in white. really like the look of it, and was curious to know where it original came off of, now i do. it's currently not on a Nishiki as you can see. :roll:

very similar to an ms racing fork , also the 90 cro-mega dx/xt fork
does it have spinner embossed in the drop-out ?

That is nice, the snow flake wheels look spot on but I would be tempted to put an all silver group set on it and definitely no silly anodized bits, it looks like a proper grown ups bike. :cool:

Defo no ano! Don't like it....

I was not sure about the black stem and steerer.... Still not sure what to do... Silver or black?

mikee":2hdyyb3c said:
RockiMtn":2hdyyb3c said:
oh, that's lovely. really like the brown on that frame and those tyres look good on that. you should consider a brown saddle and grips to go! ;)

looks like i have the same fork as you but in white. really like the look of it, and was curious to know where it original came off of, now i do. it's currently not on a Nishiki as you can see. :roll:

very similar to an ms racing fork , also the 90 cro-mega dx/xt fork
does it have spinner embossed in the drop-out ?

nope, checked and no "spinner" stamped on the drop-outs. does it make a difference… is one better than the other? the tubing details on my white forks looks to be the same as on the brown nishiki.

Some updates

2012-06-03%252019.20.10.jpg

NOS White Industries crank, Onza pedals, XTR mechs & Ritchey brakes
2012-06-03%252019.20.28.jpg

2012-06-03%252019.20.37.jpg

2012-06-03%252019.20.51.jpg

2012-06-03%252019.21.05.jpg

2012-06-03%252019.21.56.jpg

Looking very nice, your doing a great job with it. I would treat the bike to a nicer stem though may a silver controltech stem and seat post. :LOL:

Nishiki

Frame looks virtually unused? :? My own opinion is that it deserves a few better parts, chain rings would be much better machined than pressed and poss a better crankset than the Jap' WB, US ones, would look nicer?
Bet it's a really smooth ride? :cool:

Back