My rides 93 Serotta TMAX SS, 1995 Sworks, 1989 DB Axis Team

Loving the old S-works - got one of those frames too - but with a different build. everyone seems to be ignoring it amongst the others, but I like the subtlety of it, and love the way mine rides.

Yours looks a bit shinier/less battered though!

Si F

Love that Axis Team! Pardon my ignorance, but may I know what material they used for this frame?

Here is the story behind the Daimond Back; I bought it from my best friend back in 1995 when he bought a new Serotta TMAX. The frame was actually warranty replacement in 1991 for an AXIS. Diamond Back sent him this because they didn’t have any other frames left comparable to his. He was told it was Quad Butted but the stickers on frames say Tange Prestige Taper Concept Oval double-butted tubing. The frame is light (for its time) and rides great. Though after riding his TMAX, I always wanted one. He sold his TMAX on EBAY fours years ago. I found my TMAX on EBAY last year. He claims, he still likes the ride of the AXIS TEAM to the TMAX. He says the TMAX was to stiff! I love them both. BTW, I had the original brochure but I trashed like an idiot 10 yrs ago. Please excuse the poor quality of pics, I tried my best to illustrate the frame decals.

tange%20custom%20tubing.jpg

Tange%20decal.jpg

tubing%20decal.jpg

a poor scan of my best friend's TMAX

Tad%27s%20Serotta%20Tmax.jpg

Here is the story behind the Daimond Back; I bought it from my best friend back in 1995 when he bought a new Serotta TMAX. The frame was actually warranty replacement in 1991 for an AXIS. Diamond Back sent him this because they didn’t have any other frames left comparable to his. He was told it was Quad Butted but the stickers on frames say Tange Prestige Taper Concept Oval double-butted tubing. The frame is light (for its time) and rides great. Though after riding his TMAX, I always wanted one. He sold his TMAX on EBAY fours years ago. I found my TMAX on EBAY last year. He claims, he still likes the ride of the AXIS TEAM to the TMAX. He says the TMAX was to stiff! I love them both. BTW, I had the original brochure but I trashed like an idiot 10 yrs ago. Please excuse the poor quality of pics, I tried my best to illustrate the frame decals.

tange%20custom%20tubing.jpg

Tange%20decal.jpg

tubing%20decal.jpg

a poor scan of my best friend's TMAX

Tad%27s%20Serotta%20Tmax.jpg

Back