FAT Chance

I've tried measuring the headtube angle using my el cheapo angle finder thing, trouble is its woefully in accurate with the needle a good few mill away from the scale. But looking at theredchilli's in the for sale section I'd say mine was a touch slacker which would point to a FAT Chance rather than a Wicked. Do any Wicked owners out there know their wheelbase measurement? I'd imagine this would change as the head tube angle changes.

I can measure both a medium Wicked Fat and Fat Chance wheels bases, though may not get chance until monday :shock:

kaiser":2a5slxku said:
I've tried measuring the headtube angle using my el cheapo angle finder thing, trouble is its woefully in accurate with the needle a good few mill away from the scale. But looking at theredchilli's in the for sale section I'd say mine was a touch slacker which would point to a FAT Chance rather than a Wicked. Do any Wicked owners out there know their wheelbase measurement? I'd imagine this would change as the head tube angle changes.

if you can get a straight side on photo - taken from a distance but with a zoom (to lessen perspective) i'll trace over it on CAD and get some pretty accurate dims (given a couple of accurate measures to scale from)

just a thought
And :cool:

Cheers all, its a 550mm TT so it does look like a FAT Chance rather than wicked. To confirm I may try to get the angle ap on the wifes phone and measure the HT angle but I'm fairly convinced its an 88 FAT Chance.

mine
P1040363.jpg

wheelbase is 42"
seattube , 20"
tt 22,25"

as it sits on its wheels the top tube is 2degrees
the headtube and seat tube are 75 degrees , so 73 to the top tube

Looks good mikee but that chains saggier than a witches tit. Just to confuse matter I believe Wickeds were at one time available with a shorter top tube option.

Done a bit more to mine today

6935266748_90a6792e33_b.jpg

Having some bother with the bottom bracket spindle thread. Doesn't want to accept a bolt. Does anyone know if they are a funny thread? I wouldn't have thought so but thought I'd check. May need to run a tap down them.

Back