Is it just me?

i won't take a decent bike to the local shop because there isn't anywhere to lock it up. I will take a scruffy, worthless looking one & stick a cable lock through it.

The problem with pub bikes is you don't get to ride your decent bikes, I'll lock my bikes up in the town centre but only in full view in daylight hours, usually only for around an hour tops though, and I'll walk from shop to shop in a route that lets me check it's ok. No way would I leave it out overnight or for a full day at the train station whilst I was at work.

NAILTRAIL96":3rfg7zuh said:
I don't think the OP was objecting to having such a bike, more the terms they're known by.
I ride my bike purely for enjoyment so never have to leave it anywhere (I don't even own a lock for it) so thet're all just bikes to me.

Absa-bloody-lutely...
Nearly time for me to put my "Sunday Bike" away... ;)

I used that term hack bike a lot, an old bike with any old stuff that is cheap/free and keeps it running through summer winter, that can be safely locked just about anywhere as it is undesireable to a thief. My main form of transport to work n such.

Like my still going old Trek 930.

PS, what is the retrobike rider signature about? How do you achieve that reward these days :)

Back