Help please: Dura Ace calipers.

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've just bought these lovelies...

dnn4ft.jpg

Sooooo elegant and lovely: bleedin' light too!
Trouble is, I can't stop one arm sticking on the rim after applying the brake ( problem is front and rear ). I'm unfamiliar with roadie gear this old. Before I tighten something to death, is there something I'm missing please?

there is usually a small allen key for centering the brakes on 1 side of the caliper, similar to v brakes, if not then you should beable to centre them by tightening them normally against the frame/fork then adjusting them by using a cone spanner (because it's thin) on the flat edge bolt between the brake and the frame, this is a centering nut, by simply moving it either way it should adjust the position of the brake giving you an even pad contact on the rim.

hope that makes sense, i'm a little pissed at the mo and the ex has been around to annoy me! so i could be wrong and probably am!!! :D :LOL:

one day i'll be free of her!!!!!!

Cheers buddy. There's no hex bolt on the side but I'm guessing the flat, thin nut behind the hex bolt on the front of the brake may be a centering/equalising adjuster of sorts.

That's it - only the modern stuff has the little allen key.

BTW, picked up a lovely pair of v. early Dura Ace matching levers for those at the weekend. Drilled with tan covers...

:)

You adjust these with a cone wrench where they go into the fork/bridge. Probably 13 or 14mm.

Back