SS rings and chains (pg 4).

Sprocket it is!

I will be looking to polish some, i did have some lovely polished diabolus cranks that turned out to be for 83mm bb, sob sob.

What chain then?

cyfa2809":8e958jfs said:
What chain then?

If you can put up with it not being black and red, then I thoroughly recommend the KMC-Z610HX. It's all I ever use on singlespeeds and IGH bikes. I find that they last well and are plenty strong enough for me.

Want a snazzy chain really rather than a sram jobbie. Its not often i get a new drivetrain so may aswell.

Whats the difference between the 510 and 610 as the 510 is the colours i want.

Outer plate shape, pin length differences.

The K710SL is TiN coated he 610 and 510 chains are not. The Z510HX is available in red, pink, blue or silver. The K710SL has a more incricate outer plate design and is avaialble in white, red, blue or silver.

REKIBorter":27lw0e66 said:
Surly steel chain ring and KMC X1 chain. If they can stand up to my weight when bullying a SS up a steep hill they must be strong.

Don't know about the ring but the X1 is extremely tough.

I use that combo and have no issues. I should have used a 3/32" chain but I already had the chain.

bm0p700f":14llbtre said:
I use that combo and have no issues. I should have used a 3/32" chain but I already had the chain.

So a 3/32 chain will run better on a 3/32 ring or were you just saying thats it not 'proper conduct'?

Well given I had a 1/8" chain in good nick when I changed the front ring I stuck with it. I used a TA ring. It may not be proper but I cannot find any issues with the way it runs.

Back