SS rings and chains (pg 4).

I have KMC510 1/8" chains (gold) and 3/32" chains of all widths. All shops should carry both. If I can they can.

Im looking sepcifically at the black/red kmc chain (open to black/red/silver suggestions though).

Really considering a polished velosolo ring and i think they come in 1/8th and 3/32.

Ok, got a good deal on a raceface single ring in the end which im guessing is 3/32.
Now i would like the red/black kmc chain but do they come in 3/32?

And what cog would i run with that? Looking for a 15t ideally and maybe a 17t, would i need 3/32 or 1/8?

Just stick with 3/32 all the way through, if the chain comes in that configuration?
Do SS cogs come in 3/32?

cyfa2809":2h0o9q9u said:
And what cog would i run with that? Looking for a 15t ideally and maybe a 17t, would i need 3/32 or 1/8?

Just stick with 3/32 all the way through, if the chain comes in that configuration?
Do SS cogs come in 3/32?

:!: Pedant alert :!:

It's a sprocket, not a cog :evil: and yes, most singlespeed sprockets are 3/32" because there's no advantage to using 1/8", or non that I can see, at least.
Unless you want to go to expense of Chris King and the likes, Surly are as good as anything and last a long time. In fact, they're as good as anything else regardless of price, just a bit heavier than some.

Look on Velosolo for Andel sprockets, same as surly but cheaper. I use 8 speed Sram chains on mine, never had a problem. Tried one of the KMC chains and found it didn't last to long.

A sprocket because its not directly engaged to the chainring?

I have seen the surly ones, they are quite nice. As are the Andel ones.

Was that a geared kmc chain you used?

kaiser":1zqrexrw said:
HBC?

http://www.homebrewedcomponents.com/

I've a spiderless ring and rate the workmanship

5888378326_56564bf903_b.jpg

show off :LOL:

Lovely looking set up though ,something about polished cranks I do like

cyfa2809":33z16vqa said:
A sprocket because its not directly engaged to the chainring?

A sprocket because it engages with a roller chain - a cog would engage with another similar cog.

Back