The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

Durham Cathedral when they had the fancy light show.
I particularly like the stars in this one.
main.php

I've got a similar pic to your image intensifier one, only looking through a gun sight on a Scimitar - bit rubbish and no view as it was in an EMC test chamber at the time. It's just here for interest's sake.

DSCF0048.jpg

Morgan 3 wheeler, also in for test.

Imagme1.jpg

Little and large

huskyandSR3a.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

Image1-5.jpg

i just got myself a new toy, a lumix g2 :D , if you guys know any good web sites for tips and tricks id love to know.
ive not had a slr type cam befour so loads to get my head round, at least the sun is out :D

take lots and lots and lots of pics and have a play :D my pic above is about my fave bike shot i have ever taken. took 4 years of messing.

with regards to posting em on line, a mate gave me a nice tip. most digi's come with a lead to view pics on the telly. have a squizz at them on there before up loading to the pc. save up load time and space.

A few photos of Penarth Pier, which I took on St Davids Day as we had an unusually foggy morning..!

The combination of the fog, and the sepia filter on my Camera app led to a spooky feel to the pictures - so much so that the South Wales Echo used the first photo for a feature on the St Davids Day "Spook-tacular" (!) weather in their newspaper on 2nd March 2012.

So I'm quite chuffed, considering they were taken with nothing more than a camera phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus - 5MP) and an in-built app... As you can see in the first picture, the phone didn't do a perfect job of stitching the panorama together and you can see that it hasn't quite matched up the railings and planking in a couple of places - but I don't think that it detracts from the overall effect at all.

I think that the first and last photos almost look as if they were lifted straight out of the 1900's.. I'm not a big believer in spending ages setting up a shot, or fine-tuning every single setting. I believe that if you're in the right place at the right time you can take a decent picture with whatever camera you have to hand. It took me no more than 3-4 minutes to take the pictures you see below, including the walk on and off the pier!

Let me know what you think.

PANO_20120301_080756.jpg

2012-03-01_08-09-31_HDR.jpg

IMG_20120301_080327.jpg

Back