Other Retro stuff

Well, its not a computer chair..its a chair I use by the computer :D
Tried to take a photo but the light is very bad (which is of course a euphemism for...I embarrassed by the rest of my stuff :oops: ).
Its like this, but with slate grey leather. And I love it.
rohe_sessel_125_detail_kl.jpg

PS very, very nice place you have

okay,..yes those are nice,..a friend of mine has those for his dinner table,..

i already thought,..a computer chair from Mies van der Rohe,..i do not know any because i now realize he already died before the first computer was made,.. :LOL:

i guess my audiolab 8000 series amp qualifies as retro now?

yup, I got one of those, absolutely brilliant, had mine around 18 years I think. I need a new CD player now though, my technics has packed in. (I bought it second hand around the same time.)

cherrybomb":1ab16yx0 said:
1980's Tamiya RC Cars.............

Those were sooo sweet! I lusted after a Hotshot but my dad was willing to buy only a Grasshopper. Didn't want that so I didn't get anything.
Some years ago I bought a vintage Manta Ray that was tuned up to the max. But the car had some odd battery configuration and I didn't have a soldering iron to fix it.

I sold the car to a father of a small kid who had a serious bone cancer.
A shining of that boy's eyes was actually a great consolidation for the disappointment that I couldn't fix the car.

Afterwards that seller called me and thanked for the car. He said that he fixed it and the car went like "a pike from the shallow water" meaning it was super fast... Hmm maybe I should buy a new one... ;)

cherrybomb":1k2d27eh said:
You do know that Tamita have re-released the Hotshot and it is now available again? ;) :cool:

Found that out after I did a little search just after posting my previous message... ;)
I'd fancy the Avante II (loved the original Avante) or the new Durga though!

All those cars seem to have a 540 motor - is that enough or could I get a better one ? How about other tuning - I guess the Durga is already quite fast...

Defiant":2pszjvlt said:
how cool was that period! :D
So many great songs,..
i used to work with a organisor back then of the biggest rave party's around,..with the happy hardcore and Gabber (who rembers that! ;) ) and so on,..was a great time,..

That was just the worst period in dutch history.
Happy Hardcore was ok, and now funny again, Like 4 Tune Fairytales, Critical Mass, Nakatomi.
And the best of that time, bit different: Dune.

Oh and my audio is retro, (or just plain old): Linn Pretek and Powertek amps and Keileidh speakers. But I love them.

My audio is just old ;-) Luxman L-compo with glassfibre cable feeding the CD signal digitally to the amplifier.

I do have another retro "ride", poor picture but it here goes

Foto-A6A4GU8M.jpg

Enjoy !

Back