NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Unclejack":3qu7318u said:
Hi, I'm now seriously looking to find out more about the route I've seen called wheelwrights /Tom Locke/ mbr magazine route but I was thinking about 1 hit late April-ish?
I’m liking the bits on the net about “its a bastard” and includes 17,000 feet of ascent. I was also wondering about being really stupid and going east west. If the route splits down into convenient chunks, going this way i was wondering wether you could include a "finish" on Scafell Pike.
Any thoughts?

I think Mrlee and myself maybe having abash at this, but haven't discussed what time of year.
We would probably do it in one and from west to east, as thats the direction of the prevailing winds and we'll need all the help we can get.

Will keep you informed of developments as they happen.

cheers kaya

Looks like a special guest appearance on Saturday. The lesser spotted Gil_M is joining the fun. :cool:

For those up in the North East corner, Dr Death (aka Oldgit Simonside) is putting on his annual seasonal bimble on the 17th of December. I will be getting some more details from him this week so keep an eye out on this thread.

Si

Dr S":3jpsdzvx said:
kaiser":3jpsdzvx said:
http://www.ssuk2012.co.uk/

any clues chaps?

Can't say at the moment, but it'll be great.

Description sounds familiar though
unique blend of "hilarious" northern wit, lack of athletic ability and strong smell of stale alcohol

Personally I don't see the problem with northern wit, lack of athletic ability and the smell of stale alcohol.

But maybe that's just me.

Back