1985 Raleigh (US) Mountain Tour "Rocky" - £50

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
6388675693_c5c56de65a_b.jpg

After much head scratching and soul searching I've reached the conclusion that I don't need 3 vintage MTBs (ATBs?) and besides, I don't have any space for it in my shed. So rather than see it face a wet winter outside I've decided to offer this for sale.

See this thread for more info: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

It's a real piece of history, built like a tank and with some lovely touches (check out the "heron" logo embossed on top of the 3-piece forks) Condition-wise it's basically sound, complete, largely original and can be ridden. However the back wheel needs a new axle to make it roadworthy. Price quoted is "as-is", but if you need to ride it home I might be able to work something out.

This is very rare and could be a stunner...

Collection only from North London. And yes, I know it's a little bit more than I paid for it, but I have replaced a few shonky bits, and it's still a bargain IMO. If nobody wants it I'll put a cover over it and leave it in the garden!

Wow, £50. Jeez, I have two 80s MTBs already and I too have no room anywhere to put this. I LOVE it.. Someone buy it save it from the rain cover :(

:shock: :shock:

It might be worth buying a Easyjet ticket to London and cycle it back home.... ;) :LOL:

Good price!

Yes it's cheap, but I paid less than that and I'd like to see it find a good home.

In answer to questions I won't be posting this.

This is a big bike. Seat tube measures 22.5" from C-T.

Now theres a coincidence. I'm in the Staines area tomorrow, then Lincolnshire on Sunday...

I feel some sort of road trip coming on...

Back