Black Country Members

I'm about a mile from the lions if you take the old road to Wednesbury from there.

Originally from Woodgreen in Wednesbury though.

weeman_mtb":1x0diy77 said:
petitpal":1x0diy77 said:
Don't think I'd be stupid enough to say that anywhere near the 'lions' on the island.

That's in Great Bridge, Paul. See Nathan, he's never even been to Tipton :LOL: :LOL: ;) .

Believe me, I have :shock: (Shocking for a delicate Halesown lad like me)

petitpal":1mgzrk0f said:
weeman_mtb":1mgzrk0f said:
poweredbypies":1mgzrk0f said:
I was in coseley the other night.

Where abouts fella, this is turning into the Black Country chatroom.

Bats what we be bafter bat be (to speak in ancient Hales Owen dialect :D )

Ehhhh?? still picking up the lingo from down here but trying hard not to pick up the accent :twisted:

poweredbypies":21ybyde7 said:
petitpal":21ybyde7 said:
weeman_mtb":21ybyde7 said:
poweredbypies":21ybyde7 said:
I was in coseley the other night.

Where abouts fella, this is turning into the Black Country chatroom.

Bats what we be bafter bat be (to speak in ancient Hales Owen dialect :D )

Ehhhh?? still picking up the lingo from down here but trying hard not to pick up the accent :twisted:

Something my dad told me: was drinking somewhere round Halesowen many moons ago and a couple of old Black Country chaps were talking and the one said to the other (having been asked where something was): "Bay be by be AA, bay be". (As in: they be by the AA, they be). (The AA HQ used to be in Halesowen, by the cricket club, btw).

Accent - always difficult. But put it this way: you're better off having a good, wholesome Black Country accent than picking up a Brummie one. And if that isn't cue for a flame by someone I don't know what is. :D :D :D (My mom's a brummie at heart anyway, so I'm allowed to say that ;) )

poweredbypies":2lkzilep said:
still picking up the lingo from down here

Forgot to say. If you're anywhere in the Black Country and you're unsure of what someone's said to you or what to say to someone, just say, 'R'. Depending on the intonation (and how long you maintain the 'r' for) this can mean anything from 'world crisis' through to 'I'd like an extra scallop with my chip please', although generally means either 'yes' or 'no'. (And no, I'm not joking). :)

People say I talk posh around here, I say I dont I just speak better english than they do.

Ducks down to avoid the volley of abuse :LOL:

Back