Light disc brakes

Personally,i go for robust over lightweight,just feel all these carbon bits are a bit fragile when it comes to scuffing, look at any well used mtb and youll see scuffs all over so it does happen. :?
Id stick to alloy till Unobtainium is released to the retail market :cool:

Formula R1: stock weight of 277g not inc disc, masses of power and superb modulation

The best brakes I have ever used

6074233033_292fb9563b_z.jpg

6074234951_00b333ba55_z.jpg

Formula RX is nice too.

Formula-RX-Brakes.jpg

Plenty of power, excellent modulation.
They may not be the lightest at 351g and can fade a bit when you get them really hot. However 1 finger will be enough even in those circumstances.

I had some trouble setting mine up properly, but that was probably due to my lack of experience with disc brakes.

Got some old style Deore levers piped up to XTR m965 calipers & they weigh in at 280g or so excluding rotors per brake, do the job as well as necessary without spending a fortune & 50g lighter per brake than the set of XT m775 I just bought.
:)

Bought a set of Hope evo race x2's a month or so ago and I'm impressed so far, great modulation and plenty of power even with 160mm discs front and rear. This was a bit of a weenie exercise for me so I weighed them accurately before fitting - Front weighed 202g, rear was 215 includign all mounting bolts etc. This is with full uncut hoses. A 160mm hope floating rotor came in at 91g each.

suburbanreuben":310bco2h said:
What is the difference between marta and Marta SL? :?
How is it lighter? Carbon levers, lighter discs?

Carbon levers - well, that was the difference in 2007 anyway.
The rotors were the same "wavy" ones and although they look cool and are light I found that they had a tendency to warp a little when very hot.
I prefer the Martas used with Hope floating rotors now.

The silver caliper is an SL and the black a "normal" one - no difference there.....

Attachments

• Magura 1.jpg
    Magura 1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Maverick-Hope-Marta.jpg
    Maverick-Hope-Marta.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 292
I thought they'd be a bit lighter. I hadn't reckoned on half a pound per wheel! :shock:
The scales read 436 and 251g

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 275

Latest posts

Back