If you could have one frame, what would it be and why?

If you put a gun at my head and say you can have one steel do it all framed mtb at this point I would have to retreat from my retro allegiance and go for a On-One 456.

Tough, not too heavy, great fork choice, can even with not too much bodging take a rack. Also not a fancy bike, I'd not be precious riding it :D

neebsta":3a4qch0h said:
Nice suggestions! Keep 'em rolling in! Dr S do you make frames then?

Cheers

Yes. Just starting out but already a few frames finished and a number of orders rolling in. Really enjoying it so far. Currently building myself a 29er frame and fork. Will run a thread in readers bikes when its finished.

Dr S":6pmvbl3i said:
neebsta":6pmvbl3i said:
Nice suggestions! Keep 'em rolling in! Dr S do you make frames then?

Cheers

Yes. Just starting out but already a few frames finished and a number of orders rolling in. Really enjoying it so far. Currently building myself a 29er frame and fork. Will run a thread in readers bikes when its finished.

Cool, keen to see more detail/photo's of finished builds.

In keeping with my signature, if I was to sell of everything and limit it to one bike it would have to be a DeKerf. With all the work done by the man himself.

The only real choice I would have to make would be the colour. Blue, orange or green? Tough call.

Coming round to the idea of selling everything and getting just a Salsa El Mariachi, any thoughts on these? I do like Salsa - seem to get decent reviews, liked the karate monkey too, there just something about a Salsa :oops: :oops:

Titanium 29er all mountain hardtail for 120-140mm forks by Kish or Vertigo or the same in steel by ByStickel. In real money terms I'd like a Canfield Nimble 9....or maybe the new Transition TransAM 29er...or at a push a Brodie Ti 26er Holeshot. Steve Potts monstercrosser would be nice too :LOL:

My favourite Klein would be hard to replace in my affections for a day to day rider, but the nearest I have come to all round perfection is the DBR WCF Vertex.

Though a hybrid of CF and steel, so a bit of a cheat, (and I would ideally add options for panniers), it is perfection for me in how it rides.

If I have to stick to steel, Clockworks work well enough for me. Easy to own, comfy to do a few miles on, and I never get tired of them.

Would have to consider a Genesis Altitude 853 with rack mounts & a set of skinny tyres for road work.

In the mean time I'll just keep the various bikes I've got thanks.

+1 karate monkey
Personally it was my pugsley in 2006, got 29 wheels now just put a sys fork on it too.
Saying that I continued to buy bikes and try the long travel hardtail thing. Got a DH bike but the pugs remains my favourite.
I would build a karate monkey or the salsa version but can't really justify it
Seeing you are a salsa fan how about the el mariachi??

Latest posts

Back