RIDES FOR 2012?

giant-one":3cazieqq said:
Been looking at the Howgills over the weekend. By the way it's part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park north west corner anyway.

The ones we were looking at all start from Sedbergh.

Got quite a few routes around Hawes, Arkengarthdale, Swaledale etc that I can put forward?

Also there is a route myself, beavis and brocklanders do that's about 20mile ish around Skipton. Elpedro rode it earlier this year with brock and liked it.

I don't know the area well myself but if you can have a good route then why don't we give it a go.

chrisv40":53fzfpuy said:
giant-one":53fzfpuy said:
Been looking at the Howgills over the weekend. By the way it's part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park north west corner anyway.

The ones we were looking at all start from Sedbergh.

Got quite a few routes around Hawes, Arkengarthdale, Swaledale etc that I can put forward?

Also there is a route myself, beavis and brocklanders do that's about 20mile ish around Skipton. Elpedro rode it earlier this year with brock and liked it.

I don't know the area well myself but if you can have a good route then why don't we give it a go.

Chris. Will put a couple together and see whats what ;)

chrisv40":lh6nvcri said:
Si are you going to lead the Xmas Dalby ride and if so do you want it just after Xmas as usual or shall we drop it into January?

Christmas Hols would be best for me as I have two weeks away from the sweatshop. So nearest sunday to christmas day ideally. I'm happy to lead but thats Gil's patch and I guess he will play 'Dad'.

Just a quicky on the calendar.... BDW will be sometime in early June or late in August. Not sure until I speak to Vern and Ed Orange. Plan was to have it in Snowdonia this year but logistics of doing a recce are a headache. At the moment I think it will return to the NYM but will have a different format.

Have you any thoughts on a round for the National Series this year? How about upgrading 3 tribes?
Big problem with National rounds is the vast numbers turning up. 3 starting points meeting in the middle might help keep the numbers managable? Of course it need re-naming to reflect that it would be open to all rather than the three tribes of NE&Y, NWA and E.Mids.

Si

We,ve still the same problem as this year with a National event, We have no AEC so as I understand it that means no National......... unless some one knows any different??

As far as the BDW I don't think the logistics are that bad, Friday "Snowdon" Saturday "The Marin Trail" (yes i know its a trail center but it good ;) ) and Sunday a bimble along the sea front at colwyn bay for icecreams..........

Just my thoughts........... :roll:

kaya":26gancs1 said:
We,ve still the same problem as this year with a National event, We have no AEC so as I understand it that means no National......... unless some one knows any different??

As far as the BDW I don't think the logistics are that bad, Friday "Snowdon" Saturday "The Marin Trail" (yes i know its a trail center but it good ;) ) and Sunday a bimble along the sea front at colwyn bay for icecreams..........

Just my thoughts........... :roll:

Don't think we really need a recce of the snowdon ride, it's straight up and straight down. Marin trail is well sign posted and I have OS maps of snowdon and trail maps of Marin. :)

I think we will manage :)

kaya":1dk0n3cs said:

That's between you, Mark and The Guvnor. ;)

I handed my badge in and there's no going back. Of course I'll always help out suggesting routes and out on the rides, but I think the quality of the rides over the last six months has risen to another higher level. In my mind there is already one very worthy man who should step up to be AEC. ;)

Dr S":3prh81cn said:
kaya":3prh81cn said:

That's between you, Mark and The Guvnor. ;)

I handed my badge in and there's no going back. Of course I'll always help out suggesting routes and out on the rides, but I think the quality of the rides over the last six months has risen to another higher level. In my mind there is already one very worthy man who should step up to be AEC. ;)

Seconded ;)

My guess then, if we can find an extra deputy to replace Vern, we have a new AEC. Any suggestions? Mark Two Tone? One of the Skipton lads?

Back