It starts again... Pace RC104 this time

Dr S":v7yo396x said:
Interesting to see a fillet brazed frame in 853. I wonder if they are 'faux fillets' over regular tig welds like an old Jamis Diablo?

I do believe youre correct. They are silky smooth and look cool as duck in the white i've got. I just need a Saint rear mech to finish her off now i think?

Re the SC-32's and the hose guide. If you fit the guide facing inwards towards the tyre it gets very close to the tyre as the forks move through their stroke.
IMHO the best position is higher up and rear facing and run the brake hose to the back of the triple clamp, rather than in front.
They're nice forks and very tunable and they do benefit greatly from a few simple changes from the stock set-up. For most rider weights a change to 7.5W oil for a start. They can be set up to be very active over small stutter bumps (for air forks anyway) and a bit of fettling with damper cartridge oil and pressure will stop them blowing through too easily.

It's worth taking the "roost guards" off and refitting them with some Loctite on the little screws where they attach to the dropouts, as otherwise you'll lose them, as they vibrate loose pretty quickly.
Also those little stainless springs that lock the QR levers are pretty effective at taking skin off your fingers as you release the wheel . :roll:

Andy R":3a4vqn7w said:
Re the SC-32's and the hose guide. If you fit the guide facing inwards towards the tyre it gets very close to the tyre as the forks move through their stroke.
IMHO the best position is higher up and rear facing and run the brake hose to the back of the triple clamp, rather than in front.
They're nice forks and very tunable and they do benefit greatly from a few simple changes from the stock set-up. For most rider weights a change to 7.5W oil for a start. They can be set up to be very active over small stutter bumps (for air forks anyway) and a bit of fettling with damper cartridge oil and pressure will stop them blowing through too easily.

It's worth taking the "roost guards" off and refitting them with some Loctite on the little screws where they attach to the dropouts, as otherwise you'll lose them, as they vibrate loose pretty quickly.
Also those little stainless springs that lock the QR levers are pretty effective at taking skin off your fingers as you release the wheel . :roll:

Cheers Andy

I think I've routed the brake cable that way? I've been playing with various pressures and I think I've got them to my liking. I'll def get some loctite and keep those plates in place.
I see youre isle of man based (ish?). I'm writing this waiting for a flight from Liverpool traveling over. How's the riding out there?

Awkward Kid":21zyc494 said:
I see youre isle of man based (ish?). I'm writing this waiting for a flight from Liverpool traveling over. How's the riding out there?

There's some superb riding here, especially if you can get shown around by people who have the local knowledge - same as anywhere really, I suppose.
It's wild and windy at the minute and not a little wet :roll: .

I'm off to (hopefully) sunnier climes in about ten days (for seven weeks) - it'll make a welcome change, although I do miss the place when I'm away.
Still, some dry, dusty rides will be good :cool:

I've had me a little play. And you know what???
I rather like it :LOL:
Got my first puncture though... wait for it... this year! Thats more a reflection on how often i get out to ride :cry: :oops:

Pig in erm... :D

Attachments

• IMG_3198.JPG
    IMG_3198.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 1,477
  • IMG_3200.JPG
    IMG_3200.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,477
  • IMG_3202.JPG
    IMG_3202.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 1,477
I've had a fair bit O fun on the old girl. She's very well behaved and i'm super impressed with the Maverick forks. I've had a play with the them and they work better for me with higher pressures. I've swaped the rear mech for a short XTR non rapid rise which works a lot better for me also.

Really enjoying my riding and managing to get out a fair bit as well, both on the Pace & the BMX :D

Attachments

• IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,381
Small update.

Saint rear mech bought and paid for, puncture about 4wks ago and not touched since :cry:
Work commitments determine play time but soon as i've 5mins she'll be up and running again. Thinking a new year Sherwood or Dalby ride? Having fun cycling to work on my Pro XL BMX though :D

Back