saracen terra trax (with added PACE)

rides great, quite a fast bike knocked 5min off my journey to work this morning.

one slight problem, it wont change into the big ring on the cranks, i've properly adjusted the limiter screws and checked the cable/outers. all fine,hopefully when i put the xt set on it'll sort its self out.

ollyb83":1jnd66vx said:
one slight problem, it wont change into the big ring on the cranks, i've properly adjusted the limiter screws and checked the cable/outers. all fine,hopefully when i put the xt set on it'll sort its self out.

Make sure you take all the slack up on the inner cable when in position 1 (small ring) using the adjuster on the shifter. Probably a job worth leaving until you put your new crankset on.

just got a phone call of a mate,

unfortunately i wont be using the xt set thats on my other bike,
while it was on loan to a mate while i give his bike a overhaul some kind person decided to borrow it while it was locked up in town.

i'm not bothered about the bike (was a freebie), but it was a veryy good condition xt crankset/front mech on there.

oh well gonna have to sort another crankset out now.

a nice little parcel was awaiting me when i got home today,

11082011615.jpg

avid 1.0 levers and 2.0 brakes
got this lot for a bargain price of 15quid inc postage.

getting a full new set of pads and noodles tomorrow, then onto the saracen they go.

would it be possible to replace the steerer tube in these

29072011493.jpg

had them for ages and are one of the best forks i have.

want to use them in the saracen ar some point, if i can repair them.

jamabikes":2dlia4eb said:
shit the bed! how'd you do that!

possible to replace, just need a new steerer and a big ol press.

Yeah how on earth did that happen?

Could find a new steerer and crown from a bomber to match would be easier.

These were in the dmr trailstar i had.
snapped while i was riding the bike.

Dropped of a kerb, across a road and hopped up other side,

waited for my mate to catch up, when he did i started riding then bang,
the steerer snapped inside the headtube, putting me on my backside in the middle of town.

i never abused or crashed them, may have been a fault in the steerer or the previous owner damaged them.

i sorted the gearing issues i had with the front mech, took the bike to LBS to get a shorter axeled bb fitted.

that partly solved it, had to replace the front mech too as it had way too much play in the cage pivots, got a nos shimano fitted that sorted it and now works a treat.

my first attempt at building my own wheels.

22082011628.jpg

22082011632.jpg

got a new chain fitted at weekend, while at LBS we got chatting and i managed to have a rummage through the spares room there.

got the rims and front hub, already had the spokes and rear hub.

just waiting to go back to shop to get 6 more black spokes then i'll rebuild the rear same as front.

Back