Ritchey Team Comp (Finish pics pg3)

hollister":jpspgoaq said:
you're gonna love it, they ride great. dig that turbo on yours

shakedown033.jpg

I've got an '84(^) and an '86, whats your serial number?

:D Cheers, diggin that bar on yours! One of those will be the Holy Grail for this build.

Serial is OC 118, I've noticed an 85 with OC 114.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Or you could go with something like this, if you weren't set on a fillet-brazed bullmoose.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,250
6033176170_b26066585b_b.jpg

Some more parts on today. I was going to modify the bars as they feel quite narrow but sized them up with another set of bars and they were the same length, I think the Magura levers make them look smaller than they are. Also threw on a regular stem and bars but aesthetically and ergonomically it didn't work. Noticed the big ring is a 50 looks a bit dinner plate but it'll do for now, should help with the car park dash :) . So chain to scrub and then cable up. I have white red and black stuff(modern though :? ) undecided as yet.

daj":37d0ege2 said:
Im guessing the original Ritchey bars are like hens teeth do anyone make similar bars? :? I have found these which are period

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2228wt_905

The Ritchey bars I have are only the second set I've came across in a year, albeit it wasn't a meticulous search. The ones above are fairly common, in fact I think bankrupt bikes have em this side of the pond.

yo-Nate-y":37d0ege2 said:
Or you could go with something like this, if you weren't set on a fillet-brazed bullmoose.

Thats lovely but I imagine even rarer than bullmoose bars? Any more details?

Mr Panda":37d0ege2 said:
It's wee'd on yer tiles :shock:

Thats was me :oops:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Gorgeous bike! Are those bronze or grey ano RM20's?? I had a pair of the bronze ones on my first proper mountain bike, and have hankered after another set ever since stumbling across this place

makster":2rwmwub1 said:
Gorgeous bike! Are those bronze or grey ano RM20's?? I had a pair of the bronze ones on my first proper mountain bike, and have hankered after another set ever since stumbling across this place

bronze and almost NOS, they were on my old fat ;)

Stunning looks well cool, would a hite rite be to messy?

Back