2012 Xizang

Still think I'd rather go for one of those new ritchey 29-ers I saw earlier this year. Especially seeing that the supposed price for that one would be about half.

I think it's a bad idea !

As per previous thread everyone will be worried about going into the
dealer and asking for a '....Sheez-ang, er a Zi-zing, Qui-zang, Shwi-jang..
oh sod it I'll have a Zaskar' :LOL: ;)

Wow... a Xizng in 29" taste.... Luckily I've just had my 29er built by FTW and I have no money left, otherwise a divorce would be unavoidable.....

MADJEZ":1qyrjeq1 said:
I think it's a bad idea !

As per previous thread everyone will be worried about going into the
dealer and asking for a '....Sheez-ang, er a Zi-zing, Qui-zang, Shwi-jang..
oh sod it I'll have a Zaskar' :LOL: ;)

No doubt there will be a GT YouTube post about the bike - let's hope someone from GT says the name.

GT Xizang

I work in a bike shop down under the local importers here told me 29 only no 26 what a rip off ! sorry for that sad news. My boss had one in he's hand last Tuesday said it was OK. Price is OZ is $2199 frame only

SO HAPPY I STILL HAVE MY 1997 ONE

GT employee posted this at MTBR: "Right now it looks like a mid-late fall release for USA on the Xizang. Some markets might get them earlier/later depending where they fall in the production queue. The 26" vs 29" decision is made regionally by markets based on their particular needs and doesn't emanate directly from Bethel with an iron fist"

This sounds to me like the home office in Bethel is giving their global distributors some latitude in what they offer in their markets...which means there could be a hell of a run on the countries that do offer 26'ers. 26" version should not need the bent down tube either.

can see it now, all 26in markets sell out in seconds with most going to other markets, 29ers... cobbwebs... OK so it'll probably be the other way around, but thats how i'd like it to be...

GT Xizang

Hey T'boo Ted we always get the left overs in OZ not good at all maybe if we make lots of noise they may here our cries but would not hold my breath.

Back