1992 Grove Innovations Ti FINISHED p. 3

Nice look forward to seeing this build unfold. Has to be one of the understatements of the year 'My next special project' :D

Thanks all. I'm still collecting a few parts and I need to get the innards of the forks sorted, but then I'll get some more pics up. The build will consist of lots of Pauls and Cook Bros parts. :cool:

Since it didn't take long to identify the bike, I figure it's probably time to post some real pictures (finally) and give some more details about how I acquired it. Not a terribly exciting story -- I was trying to get some info on the value of a near-NOS Grove Assault for sale locally and I asked Rody for some help. He confirmed that the price for the Assault was too high, but he knew of a Grove Ti for sale in Pennsylvania. I was immediately interested after hearing that it was the one from Eddie's Bikes pictured on the Purple Lizard site (shown above). A few PM's later the deal was done. With assistance from none other than Bill Grove the frame was delivered to me. A big thanks to Rody for his help. :D

The paint is pealescent white. The pictures don't capture the depth of it -- it really looks amazing in the flesh (in typical Grove fashion). I've been busy with work, but hopefully I'll have some time soon to get it finished.

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

Beautifull !
I usually don't agree for painting on titanium frame, but the paintjob seems amazing :cool:
When I see the rear dropout, It would be quite stiff for such material :D

Thanks. :)

I polished the frame last night and pulled apart the forks. Just waiting on some new elastomers so I can get the forks back together and then I can actually start building. I also discovered that the integrated seat binder is stripped so I'll need to use a through-bolt. :evil:

Salut, you have to take care...my Grove Titanium have both 27,4 mm (seatpost / American classic and syncros Titan). I think yours have the same.
Philippe

Latest posts

Back