1993 FAT CHANCE Shock-A-Billy #036P3ML

Sab

Love the understated look makes a nice change!
What grips are those?
TC[/img]

Wow, that's a stunner!

Curious, why do you need a 31.8 clamp? The seat tube looks like it takes a pinch bolt.

mfh126":2d2ypz7m said:
Wow, that's a stunner!

Curious, why do you need a 31.8 clamp? The seat tube looks like it takes a pinch bolt.

The Fat frames have a round loop, as a guide and means to keep the clamp from spinning around. The clamp goes on, that small loop is centered, and the bolt slides through the clamp and the loop.

kingroon":2am6wnln said:
Boom..

It's lookin' pretty solid.. :cool:

5958371407_95fc467561_b_d.jpg

That is sick :twisted:
Love it.

One Q: why not go with the IRD post on this one; might be a darker black, including the clamp, as opposed to the syncros?

but I'm nitpicking.

GoldenEraMTB":3rvz22e0 said:
mfh126":3rvz22e0 said:
Wow, that's a stunner!

The Fat frames have a round loop, as a guide and means to keep the clamp from spinning around. The clamp goes on, that small loop is centered, and the bolt slides through the clamp and the loop.

Thanks Rob. That's the first of I heard of such a device.

mfh126":1lbam408 said:
GoldenEraMTB":1lbam408 said:
mfh126":1lbam408 said:
Wow, that's a stunner!

Thanks Rob. That's the first of I heard of such a device.

Cool :)
I'm sure there is a technical name for it; here's a photo of it on one of my old Yo frames; you can make it out between the clamp opening:
9b6dc2c7.jpg

Wow---that is coming out great. Fantastic build. I'd echo the IRD suggestion if you have one laying around ;)

GoldenEraMTB":7fhhakyy said:
One Q: why not go with the IRD post on this one; might be a darker black, including the clamp, as opposed to the syncros?

but I'm nitpicking.

I just don't wanna slide it in, only to have to twist it out to get the clamp in place ;) The IRD* is the finishing touch Amigo, I can't thank you enough for the parts I got from you.. They really do set the build apart.. :twisted:

Tonite is MRC Brake SetUp Night :cool:

* Plus, that 425mm length will mean it goes in far enough past the ST/TT junction to strengthen the area..

Back