My NOS Adroit to Di2 UPDATE

No, I'm deadly serious about fitting dynamo driven, non indexed Di2 to a 1987 Muddy Fox Explorer. Now, chop chop, get that soldering iron out!

I have been doing some tinkering and have managed to intergrate the shifter into the XTR lever. Not only is this the real deal shimano trigger but it is in the perfect hand position, and they only cost £69.00 a trigger.

My other 2 bikes will now have these triggers when my stock finally arrives.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks andy

Very clever stuff. Let us know when you've successfully integrated the flightdeck to effect automatic shifting at a predetermined cadence... :LOL:

Arran":3clf01p8 said:
Very clever stuff. Let us know when you've successfully integrated the flightdeck to effect automatic shifting at a predetermined cadence... :LOL:

Ooooh thats interesting.

Wonder if you could write a program that measures your power output and cadence and automatically shifts to the right gear?

any123":2jwkamn8 said:
I have just changed a wire around and now i have sequential gearing where the front changes all by itself. I have stunned myself. watch the vid here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOZATgN5 ... ture=feedu

thanks andy

Wow!! That's pretty amazing. So basically it changes up or down at the front at the right time to keep the cadence/speed right??

That's pretty cool - and using the electronic shifting to the next level - making it better than mechanical rather than just the same thing but electric.

any123":1mpjkowf said:
I have just changed a wire around and now i have sequential gearing where the front changes all by itself. I have stunned myself. watch the vid here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOZATgN5 ... ture=feedu

thanks andy

Andy, let me begin by saying that YOU ARE THE MAN! I think what you're doing with Di2, in your own home, is nothing short of amazing. Kudos to you, mate... :D

Question though on the sequential gearing though - I couldnt really tell on the video but is it true sequential gearing, or is it "go the whole block then change the front ring" type of sequential? As in, does the "sequential" aspect of it take into account overlapping gear calculations, etc? :D I would hope that it's the latter as bizarre shifting of both rear and front to come to a gear would probably not be a good idea whilst riding...

Does what I'm saying make any sense?

Back