1988 Cinelli 5 colour fluo stick of rock !

Is that model called something like Ottimilauno? Our LBS had a couple of Cinellis back in 1988 - this was one of them, very expensive!

Gravy Monster":2srajzva said:
Thanks for your kind comments chaps, It means a lot to me and I am glad its going down so well :D

I have just had this pic emailed to me from a good friend of mine (from a long long time ago) Dan. I bumpted into him on my night lap at Mayhem, I hadnt seen Dan in 20 years , I was powering up the climb out of the arena and saw a photographer packing up :roll: I was dissapointed but when I saw it was Dan I quickly used the cinelli's brakes to maximum effect & eventually stopped, I had a very quick chat with Dan, I was in a rush and after a quick retro this retro that and doesnt time fly I had to make a move, Dan offered a quick snap so I rode down the hill as he set up his camera and stuff, I then used the power of the previous nights BBQ and gave it large up the climb :LOL:

Oh and a link to Dans handy work ;) http://www.danmilner.com/bike.html

MMcinelli.jpg

Love this bike, and that's a sweet photo :cool:

I had a Cinelli Ottomilano, white with orange and black graphics,columbus tubing, xt group set , fir rims , rode it for years until some t**t put a big dent in the top tube by knocking a lump of dartmoor granite off a wall that the bike was leaning against. before that I had flown it to canada to do some riding in New Brunswick, and had also ridden it across Spain and Portugal.

oh i wish i kept mine, i brought one back in the day as there weren't many brought in to the country .if my memory serves me right the model name is the multiflora. nice to see one again
cheers dave

Very very nice - and good sympathetic rebuild. Not sure why but I would be tempted to try it out with drop bars for the full early 90s madchester look...

Oh, and if it's in Bristol - I guess you have to padlock it to the earth's core...

Back