I'm proud of my Santa Cruz Tazmon, it's finished.

Thats not too bad Fred :shock:

With standard wheels, she'd be IRO 25lbs which ain't bad for a full sus ride. And to be honest, when you look at the weights of all new full sus rides (35+lbs) this is a good build ;)

Nice.

These were the frames that Greg "Willie" Williams and Sky at Coyote Adventures used to ride in Downieville in about 1997.

I think Willie is still involved with this crowd... he is one of the nicest guys I've ever ridden with.

http://www.yubaexpeditions.com

To me these bikes were pivotal in that they were some of the first suspension bikes that actually worked well enough to use.

Nice build. I've got a soft spot for Leaders... a good friend ran them. Those spinnergy's are good for the lighty rider - watch out for the freehub body, and wear on the rims will eventually kill them.

antogoof":12t9x6dt said:
love the dx pedals matey, i had these on a bmx in the 90`s want some for my mtb!
Got them NOS on ebay, good deal and some memories for me too

messiah":1tuar6at said:
Nice.

To me these bikes were pivotal in that they were some of the first suspension bikes that actually worked well enough to use.

Nice build. I've got a soft spot for Leaders... a good friend ran them. Those spinnergy's are good for the lighty rider - watch out for the freehub body, and wear on the rims will eventually kill them.

Thanks !! I don't plan to ride it enough to wear the out and it will see much mud (it would take too much time to wash this intricate bike!) :shock:

damn

looks cool... I ride the Santa Superlight and they look almost the same, mine is a bit lighter but well it's amazing to see the old birds give the modern bikes a clear bang for the buck!

your bike probarly outperforms a lot of new FS rides out there anyways, I'm very pleased with my ride. Single pivot is the easiest and proven technology out there...

The spinergy wheels looks great! the saddle doesn't really seem in place get a bontranger seat for it insteed...

hi, thanks and welcome,
If you check my other posts, you'll see that i took the complicated route for my modern steed and chose a multi pivot new school model. Anyway, i like the aggro look of my Tazmon and it's perfect for family rides aaround the block (i know i know it deserves better).
for the saddle, i have to agree with on the bonty seat, but at the time i wasn't able to find a reasonably priced one and i like the color match with the silver black and white accents on the fizik. It will stay like that, i guess

Latest posts

Back