Volvo Cannondale

just had my first proper ride of this bike........bit shocking seeing as i have owned it for almost 3 months :oops:

after riding a cannondale bad boy for 3 months, this felt more racy but much slower.....with the chunky rubber, handling was scary for a few miles.....im used to slicks thesedays!

a very nice ride non the less, still unsure of the headshock set up, this being the second dale i have owned to have one fitted......it works though, and as im not a fan of suspension, it does me for what i need. a few rough sections off piste proved its worth when the speed picked up.

only other grumble is the ceramic brakes, had a few bikes with these rims fitted and i dont like the way they sound or feel, though, new pads will maybe cheer me up.

all in all, very happy with the 16miles today, will get out on it a few times this week, as im getting used to it before the yorkshire dales ride at the weekend. pics and report from that to come.

i know this is also in the classifieds, but im really not fussed if it sells or not, hence not pushing a sale. quite like this bike, so time will tell. but looks wise, its awesome.....been after one for years on looks alone.

really enjoyed the dale at the settle to malham ride on saturday just gone.......really liked the bike. only grumble was i need to fettle the front pads to avoid the dreaded ceramic screams!

think i misjudged the tire choice too, im thinking of going for amberwalls/ ritchey alphabite........or maybe the yellow rimmed hutchinsons?

those chunky panaracers spun on me on the large slate/rocks when climbing.

few pics of tire choices and couple of action shots from the day, cheers folks.

RB-Settle-Malham_2_12.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

Jeep049-1.jpg

Jeep044-1.jpg

DSC00124-1.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Go with the amber wall, green wildslippers mate. Only problem being they dont corner to well! You cant have it all. In recent years i've always stuck a max of 1.95 on my XC bikes. Just look better IMO. Hutch are a good choice for a flash O colour. The dale looks a belter! Wanna swap for the PACE :shock: :LOL:

As in tire? I have a pair in yellow in the shed, ain't put them on yet though, they are a bit loud looking!

Latest posts

Back