My 1989 Formula Orange....

Wurth Rost Off in that frame, leave it for a few days then try removing the post.

rost-off-plus.jpg

The little Orange pressing is brilliant.

Yeah good clean up and go from there. Good points about garage patina more neglect than true history, I was just thinking stripping back original paint and modern stickers is possibly a unreversable route, but if this can be done to a 'Sinnett' TM level of detail and care then a renovation could be very-awesome!!

WD40 may not save the day, my mate hates it, I know someone who imports 'Q10' and 'Q20' from South Africa IIRC and its great stuff, actually oil and actually chases out water. Then theres also original Eau d Velo Shoppe GT85 :cool:

Good luck with this, even nicer that you bought it new, sometimes its easy to take thing for granted when they've been with you a long time. :)

I always found it odd that there are mudguard eyes on what is sold as and used as a race frame.

If there is one question Orange could answer me, this would be it!!

gump":q9ja8yqs said:
I always found it odd that there are mudguard eyes on what is sold as and used as a race frame.

could this be an english handbuilt prototype, for future models....????

All that i know is... when "orange" did this, i remember another english frame builder....."OVERBURYS".

And there response was in the form of advertising like the one below,........

subtle with the oranges, but they never the less, tried to make a point....lol.

it made me chuckle then, and makes me chuckle now....!!!!

I wondered then, what the outcome would be in the future...............and NOW I KNOW........... :cool:

Attachments

• overburys_advert_in_response_to_orange_909.jpg
    overburys_advert_in_response_to_orange_909.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 952
gump":2poggiu6 said:

With this one being hand built I guess the buyer could choose any spec or detail they wanted?

That Overbury's is pretty similar eh...

Got a little confused before with the cable guides on the downtube seat tube junction thinking they didn't make an appearance on stock bikes till 1990...ofcourse this was a custom bike so nice to see these fitted on...

That Orange stamp is great...

Good luck mate and enjoy building her up to her former glory...you'll have alot of people to ask advice of on here and assistance should you need it :)

Rich

This one is worth a careful and considered restoration, don't just go hacking at it. It deserves the best! It won't be cheap & it won't be quick but it will be worth it.

Get all the help and info from Orange that you can, this is an important find.

brocklanders023":1ny8vm7m said:
gump":1ny8vm7m said:

With this one being hand built I guess the buyer could choose any spec or detail they wanted?

yeah, maybe. They were on Dan's too, but he took an angle grinder to them iirc :LOL: :LOL:

Back