Formula Orange Road Bike

Re:

This is Lovely,

Can i asked how you came by it, it was last in the collection on display at Orange, i was aware they were selling a lot of the older pieces, but this one surprised me.

Do you/Did you work there, Family member, or just bribed them with coin....?

Attachments

• o102.jpg
    o102.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 394
Re:

Are you a personal friend of Steve/Lester?

It's certainly no pretty pretty Classic Colnago etc etc, but for me from a British Mtb perspective it's still freakin' cool as :cool:

Re: Re:

jimo746":1st8jyox said:
Are you a personal friend of Steve/Lester?

It's certainly no pretty pretty Classic Colnago etc etc, but for me from a British Mtb perspective it's still freakin' cool as :cool:

Or Ashley...?

Great to see that picture as I am hoping to put the original wheels back on it and that helps identify them. Also the sticker on the top tube has been removed at some point and unfortunately there is some corrosion on the frame, but now I know why. The bike still belongs to Steve who I have known for many years and it is currently on loan to be serviced and ridden. I was searching for photos online of the bike and couldn't find anything which is why I decided to upload these pics to retrobike. You are right from a British MTB perspective its a cool bike and for this reason I wasn't sure whether to post in the MTB section or Road. Do you by chance have any other photos of the bike.

Sadly, not, but the member who took the pic is on here and may have more. not that you need pics with it right there, i guess there have been small changes over time, but at least you have the history.

sinnerman":38hdc9s8 said:
Sadly, not, but the member who took the pic is on here and may have more. not that you need pics with it right there, i guess there have been small changes over time, but at least you have the history.

All the components from that photo are still present on the bike (DA 8sp rear mech, Suntour Superbpro front, DA 8sp shifters, DA Brakes and levers and XT 175mm cranks). However the wheels were moved to another bike sometime ago, Steve has an MA40 on a Dura-ace front (which matches the photo judging by the skewer) and an Open 4cd on a Deore rear which may be the one in the photo but its hard to tell. It would be nice to reunite the frame with the original wheels.

Back