NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

kaya":6atpf4kr said:
VEGAS!":6atpf4kr said:
Blakey Ridge is good. Start with that nice singletrack beside Hollins Farm then head either west toward Hutton le Hole or east toward Cropton. There will always be a nasty climb towards the end though if you start from britains second highest pub. Bone dry and fast rolling up there at the moment though.

Will sort out an announcement and string some trails together later,
maybe to Lastingham and back to Rosedale then back up to the lion.
The café in rosedale has some fair to middling cake and it's fresh coffee as well ;)

The climb from Rosedale back to the Lion is a monster up the bank side. Easier way would be around the old Railway but looking at the aftermath threads its been done a few times before and it still involves a tarmac slog to the miners cottages. Another better option might be a pint at the New Inn in cropton then down Keldy Banks to pick up the singletrack that takes you right up onto the moor top, followed by a cracking descent onto the railway for the final spin back to the pub.

VEGAS!":1k1o7zm8 said:
kaya":1k1o7zm8 said:
VEGAS!":1k1o7zm8 said:
Blakey Ridge is good. Start with that nice singletrack beside Hollins Farm then head either west toward Hutton le Hole or east toward Cropton. There will always be a nasty climb towards the end though if you start from britains second highest pub. Bone dry and fast rolling up there at the moment though.

Will sort out an announcement and string some trails together later,
maybe to Lastingham and back to Rosedale then back up to the lion.
The café in rosedale has some fair to middling cake and it's fresh coffee as well ;)

The climb from Rosedale back to the Lion is a monster up the bank side. Easier way would be around the old Railway but looking at the aftermath threads its been done a few times before and it still involves a tarmac slog to the miners cottages. Another better option might be a pint at the New Inn in cropton then down Keldy Banks to pick up the singletrack that takes you right up onto the moor top, followed by a cracking descent onto the railway for the final spin back to the pub.

Or have my Wife stationed at Rosedale for an easy way up :)

I should be able to come 'if the weather is good' as Hutten le hole is a tad boring in the wet with the kids.

Vegas
Am always up for tryin it different ways :shock: :LOL: will play it by ear as to which route we take, there's so much good singletrack round there.
I'm sure we will have a good day out :cool:

Fluffy
It will be good to see you again, are you going to the pines bash?

Ps it's summer it's bound to be raining :LOL:

Pines bash, yes I'm coming :)
Missed out last year after buggering my hand at Dalby shortly beforehand and everyone says it's excellent.

Which means it's time for me to build a bike up again... I can't keep one in one piece for long and the Kona will be crap around there.

FluffyChicken":21ocg06p said:
Missed out last year after buggering my hand at Dalby shortly beforehand and everyone says it's excellent.

Which means it's time for me to build a bike up again... I can't keep one in one piece for long and the Kona will be crap around there.

Ive not been to the Pines before as well, why do you say your Kona will be crap (is it so you can buy another bike :LOL:) my Kona is fantastic on singletrack :?

kaya":1bmi1eta said:
FluffyChicken":1bmi1eta said:

Ive not been to the Pines before as well, why do you say your Kona will be crap (is it so you can buy another bike :LOL:) my Kona is fantastic on singletrack :?

It's not bad and nothing to do with it being a Kona, just a bit too long for all day singletrack twisty turning and tree avoiding, excellent on open singletrack though and general riding
I have a smaller bike to suit the woods, though having just altered it a bit the fronst another inch or so lower then when I last rode it, could be interesting.

Anybody fancy a bit of this North West Ride

I'm heading over for this, its one of my old riding spots and theres some nice riding and stunning views

on a clear day you can see.............. well you'll have to come along to find out ;)

Back