BDWIII Planning meet and Recce

Thanks Vagas

Well thats about it in a nut shell. As for it being a N/W area ride?? sorry Ben but it was a N/E & yorkies area event.

So If there is any one out there who Fancy's a job we still have a vacancy for the AEC, please get in touch with the National Area Coordinator (Sinnett177)

Thanks kaya

kaya":1vfxr26n said:
Thanks Vagas

Well thats about it in a nut shell. As for it being a N/W area ride?? sorry Ben but it was a N/E & yorkies area event.

So If there is any one out there who Fancy's a job we still have a vacancy for the AEC, please get in touch with the National Area Coordinator (Sinnett177)

Thanks kaya
Can't argue with the reasons, good to know why though.

Kaya, I know it was this area's 'event' as Dr S had previously run them (and very well I may add) and they where in this area previously. But with Dr S 'leaving' the site and with the event now at Ambleside, this being NW territory I was surprised it wasn't handed over for someone closer to organise, that is all I was meaning.
Always did feel it odd holding our main event in someone else's area.

FluffyChicken":3venej79 said:
kaya":3venej79 said:
Thanks Vagas

Thanks kaya
Can't argue with the reasons, good to know why though.

Kaya, I know it was this area's 'event' as Dr S had previously run them (and very well I may add) and they where in this area previously. But with Dr S 'leaving' the site and with the event now at Ambleside, this being NW territory I was surprised it wasn't handed over for someone closer to organise, that is all I was meaning.
Always did feel it odd holding our main event in someone else's area.

The BDW was always going to be run by the N/E area but was never conceived to be a just held in the N/E , it was in theory going to be mobile event and put on in a different area every year. If I remember correctly last year was a bit of a rush so it was held in Goat-land, instead of it being held out of the area.
Hope that helps explains why the BDW was not in are area.

Not the news I think anybody was expecting to hear! Looks like theres going to be a lot of people with a whole unplanned weekend free in July and nothing to fill it. Cancelling it must have been a horrible decision for Si and Vern to have to take but considering the insurance requirements it will have been the only decision they could make, I'm sure anybody else would have had to do the same too. It just serves as a reminder how much effort volunteers dedicate to making RB things happen and run smoothly. So thanks for trying to organise it for us all .

Back