The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

I live in the centre of it, and have done maybe 10 miles of it on my various recent exploring rides.

I'd have a go at Easter if anybody was mad enough to try it with me? Im off from Easter Thursday (21st) till the 3rd.

I think I'm only just fit enough, and the longest I've ridden is 5 hours in the last 6 months and probably did 1/3 of that distance - lol. Biggest distance I've done is full lap of Dalby which I've done twice.

Is there a ride happening this Saturday, or did I imagine it in my delirium? Sure Gav mentioned one as I was washing my bike (you should see my chain :cool:), but I was pretty wasted by then! :oops:

elPedro666":2w1cl8uy said:
Is there a ride happening this Saturday, or did I imagine it in my delirium? Sure Gav mentioned one as I was washing my bike (you should see my chain :cool:), but I was pretty wasted by then! :oops:

Nothing on the NWA calendar, although the Three Tribes was originally scheduled for the 30th.
You're quite welcome to suggest something though Pete if you don't mind getting your chain dirty.

Personally I prevent chain wear by ejecting mine on downhill sections where pedaling is unnecessary.

Hmm, think I'd have to take something else... :oops: They're all looking pretty minty at the moment though :cool:

If I ever kick this blummin cold I might do something akin to actual training - maybe a fast (ha!) lap (or even two) of Gisburn...

Very open to suggestions though :)

Shout and I might be game for a ride :)

Gisburn is fast at the moment, with dry conditions and the resurfaced climb. A lap took me 1:14, did 2.5 laps @ 1:30/lap pace the other day - was aiming for 3 laps to see if IO was fit enough to tackle the 47 mile Mary Townley loop - answer = not yet!

drystonepaul":1ubfkxs4 said:
Personally I prevent chain wear by ejecting mine on downhill sections where pedaling is unnecessary.

shedding weight on downhill sections is not very sporting sir ,tut and to think i was going to pass you on the banking untill you activated you're cunning link ejector plan ,
let me no if there is to be a ride at weekend please, cheers,
Lee.

I'd be up for a blast in the peaks. As long as there's plenty notice so I can sort a pass from the wife and kids (she's no cyclist).
Be nice to meet some of the fellas on here plus make me finish off my Zaskar for the occasion.
Keep us informed

microsoft office 2010office 2010

Back