Norco Torrent. Tweaked 13.1.13

im no hillbilly im a blue magpie!

and my truvativ chain device sucks and isnt blue! :LOL:

so, anymore done??!!!!

Erm...no :oops:
i have ordered the bits for the rear wheel
Just waiting on the steerer section so i can weld that up and i won't be far away :D
Biggest/most expensive job will be getting a new rim laced to the rear hub, that might have to wait a little while :roll:

I've made a bit of progress :D
New rim laced into back wheel- Check
Tyres bought and fitted- Check
Brakes bled- ish :D
Xizangs generous gift fitted- Check
Forks steerer extended- Definately tomorrow :LOL:

You get the gist anyway ;)
Plan as of now is to get it finished and use it for the summer, then strip it and repaint the frame over the winter :cool:

Attachments

• norco 2 002.JPG
    norco 2 002.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,056
  • norco 2 004.JPG
    norco 2 004.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,056
  • norco 2 001.JPG
    norco 2 001.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,056
  • norco 2 003.JPG
    norco 2 003.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,056
well this is coming along :cool:
have you had the compulsory not enough kit but has wheels, wheel around the garden/street? :LOL:

rear axle doesnt look long enough? just a temp wheel on there? looks hollow too?

Ah the saga of the wheel :oops: :LOL:
The wheel is part of the reason why the bike got built in the first place :LOL:
Its a 150mmx12mm AM SP4 Hope rear wheel. Now wearing an ex729 rim as the original was shot.
I won it cheaply on the bay thinking i'd use it as an upgrade for my modern RM.
When it arrived it became apparent that i hadn't read the listing very well :roll: its a 150mm hub :shock:
Having unpacked the box i discarded it, only to realise that the 12mm bolt through adaptors were in it :x :x :x to late the bin men had been :?
Current situation is, i'm waiting for a kindly soul on here to pimp me up with the appropriate parts and then she's a runner :D :D

Calm down dear, its all in hand :D
I have the 12mm solid bolt through axle, just awaiting the 12mm adaptors and bobs your uncle :D oh and the rear disc of course ;)
It probably looks a bit short(tucked in) because there is no QR, i wasn't going to spend £15 on a 150mm one just to wheel it around the garden :LOL:

With huge thanks to LGF the wheel bits are on the way :D :D
Ex729 rim is fitted to the rear wheel, disc and adaptors on the way :D
Found out why the brakes wouldn't bleed up(always tighten all hose fittings when swapping a hose :roll: ) so thats now do able :D
Should be finished by the weekend, hope the sun is out :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back