Kona Cowan DS (pg3).

its a cown d/s slope style frame.

yeah just use a cassette cog and the chain on there at the mo.

if you like it then go the whole hog with un ramped chain ring, ss chain and sprocket.

coomber":3mnc2kd3 said:
I really like the purple.

Any ID on which frame it is?

And are you very short as even for sloping top tubed kona that is a small frame!

yeah i like it too
is staying temporarily at least
i dont think who ever did it though, stripped the yellow :shock: first. so its show in some places where ist chipped

yeah kona cowan ds as jama said
im about 5'10'' i think
this is my commuter/urban assault vehicle so i prefer it to be small - i like smaller bikes anyway :LOL: :roll:
14'' frame :cool: although i havent measured to double check

jama - my ring :LOL: is an e thirteen guide ring :cool:
got an olive through today as i want happy with the one i changed on the front :? shroud seems bigger on this one so im hoping it will go over the hose properly and hold it better
(will put up pic in a sec in crc humour, off topic)

have put a message on spibblos thread to see if i can get his ss stuff

Purple with yellow battle scars showing through sounds coolio to me mate ;) Toyed with overspraying my lime green mmmBop with a crappy thin layer of black so that all the scars glow through in flouro green, like alien blood... :cool:

And isn't it an 'A'? :?

yeah not too bad i guess, but it doesnt show through like that, it shows where the top layer chips but the bottom doesnt. its not too bad at the moment
just doesnt go with my colour scheme, but doesnt look out of place

a kona a?
no certainly a cown ds :cool:

That looks like a really nice ride, how is the rear shock? I've got a 190mm Vanilla RC (c2004) coil shock on my Ellsworth and have recently thought about getting an air shock for it.

:D thanks :)

not sure what there is to do really?

looking at new forks, get my old rotors on (but upgrade them at some point to some big red ones)
maybe change the stem :?

carter711":38hkmt95 said:
That looks like a really nice ride, how is the rear shock? I've got a 190mm Vanilla RC (c2004) coil shock on my Ellsworth and have recently thought about getting an air shock for it.

its lovely! when i was reading the reviews on this most said they ride well

little did i expect it to ride well! :LOL:
it rides sooooo nice, very very plush
pro pedal is great too, not sure how much i will use it though (but it is just the flick of a switch)
i (and many others) would recommend this shock as a decent upgrade :cool:
think scant has one for sale in 1998> ;)

stripped the paint, the paintjob was poor
now onto polishing problems :LOL:

claimed weight is approx 33lb :) not bad going from a 38lb'er
(only differences to old bike are, forks, rotors (and then obviously different frame/shock))

paint stripped (the purple paint was effing poor), sanded with 1200 wet and dry and autosol'd. yet to get a finer grit(s) and go over it again as its currently shiny, but swirly
x lite bar plugs, x lite topcap
different seatclamp and stem
possibly putting my old dj3's back on soon due to lower stack height of stem
and singlespeed, had one go on it, felt weird and my thumb felt useless :LOL: but round the block and i seem to be used to it

running 16x36

14042011256.jpg

14042011257.jpg

14042011259.jpg

14042011260.jpg

14042011258.jpg

Latest posts

Back