Gazelle Champion Mondial

The day started with rain but it stopped soon enough and off to the road I went. Ended up doing a 40km ride as the weather was getting better as I rode along.

Screenshot2011-03-13at41630PM.jpg

Screenshot2011-03-13at41732PM.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of Gazelle's maiden voyage when the sun finally broke through.

DSCN2374_.jpg

At the summit. There's still some wet roads here and there.
DSCN2381_.jpg

Going back home and over the high way that leads to Lisbon coming from Cascais. Look at that sky. It was a beatiful morning to be out riding a bike.

DSCN2385_.jpg

I'm addicted. Love my yellow "ugly" duck. :cool:

Looks great, you've done well there.

All the work was worth it: You'd hardly know what went into it, looks like new.

Like the pics, and the map of your ride, nice touch.

Been riding this bike all week and this morning went for another ride. The weather was beautiful. Really great to be out and about on a bike. Been selling some parts and I delivered them all aboard the Gazelle around Lisbon. :cool:

Apart from the lack of stopping power every thing is working great. Have to look into those rims and brake pads and see what I can do. Any ideas?

jCymbal":2oa8c8zi said:
Been riding this bike all week and this morning went for another ride. The weather was beautiful. Really great to be out and about on a bike. Been selling some parts and I delivered them all aboard the Gazelle around Lisbon. :cool:

Apart from the lack of stopping power every thing is working great. Have to look into those rims and brake pads and see what I can do. Any ideas?

I find the old red blocks work better on alloy. Black ones create too much dust.

Elev12k":1dr8s9i0 said:
My guess is it is 'Mulder'. That is a typical Dutch name.

I did take a look using Google Maps. On Zuiddijk 95 there is a furniture shop located. On 93 a butcher and the neighbour on the other side has a key service bizz. Take a look yourself:

on Google Maps

Zaandam is one of the oldest industrialized areas in the world. Famous are the windmills that were used for all kinds of purposes, for example for wood, paint or mustard. Typical for Zaandam are the green wooden houses. Zaandam has still relatively much industry, often located nearby the river 'De Zaan'. Several foodstuffs, like for example chocolate come from Zaandam. Moreover it is where it all started for Ahold/Albert Heijn, a large grossery chain. Zaandam is located directly north of Amsterdam.

Zaanseschans.jpg

Zaandam

Yesterday I bought a bike of an Amsterdam girl. It came from a small Zaandam bike shop, but not Mulder on the Zuiddijk. Another shop. Bike is branded 'Simon', after the family name of the shop owner. The nice frame is built by -I think- OLMO in Italy, but finished in Holland in a paintscheme that shows some resemblance with RIH typical paint.

Will put up some additional pics elsewhere soon.

5558634497_f42df2845c_z.jpg

Back