Kona Muni-Mula (Finished 26.09.11)

EarlofBarnet":1l2p02xm said:
Should be a nice light bike when build up :)

I've got my stripped Cinder Cone as a rolling chassis now and it's suprisingly light. I've not quite got my frame as polished as yours yet though.

I have been keeping an eye on your build, looking forward to seeing the results.

My tip for a final polish, BRASSO metal polish. A little piece of wadding lasted ages and has a great finish. I did the frame three times and it didn't even touch what was in the tin. Rub it on until it turns black then polish off with a clean piece of cloth.

It's going to take a while to build up this bike but i am enjoying buying and researching parts, and i am learning lots as i go.

Any further developments on this?

l am doing a build very similar for my brother, just got to get the welds looking as good as yours :cool: Serious graft

konaman1":z7ua8jvp said:
Any further developments on this?

l am doing a build very similar for my brother, just got to get the welds looking as good as yours :cool: Serious graft

Just saving up for a bit hit £££ on this build. I was going to kit it out with SLX but doing the figures its going to get pricey. :shock:

So i have decided to save for a Deore groupset which i feel is a very good price. http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop ... OUPSET.htm

Good luck with the welds mate, and don't forget to wash it when you think you have finished. There will be paint under all the rubbish left behind.

Good tip with the washing down afterwards.

So not going retro on this then? :shock:

XT m739 or m750 could be had off ebay and here for the same price as that deore set and would be waaay better :)

konaman1":fwasr3b0 said:
Good tip with the washing down afterwards.

So not going retro on this then? :shock:

XT m739 or m750 could be had off ebay and here for the same price as that deore set and would be waaay better :)

No i am doing a new spec just keeping frame and forks.

I was going to keep all the original spec for a period re-build later but maybe i will sell. Do you think there would be any interest :?:

You'd get a bit of interest in that rear mech and chainset in the for sale section but by putting Deore stuff on it it you may end up with a heavier bike than you started off with!

lf your going modern with it its still worth a good look on ebay sometimes you can pick up bargain SLX and XT with very little use :)

Hey,

Just acquired one of these... (When it arrives.. :D ) - think I'm going to try and get the frame resprayed to the original colour - is it easily available?

Do like the polished look though but how well will it last?

PhilStone":25xh4pfw said:
Hey,

Just acquired one of these... (When it arrives.. :D ) - think I'm going to try and get the frame resprayed to the original colour - is it easily available?

Do like the polished look though but how well will it last?

I don't really no, i will just try and keep on top of it. I clean/polish my bike after every major ride anyway so shouldn't be to strenuous.

If you want a professional finish on your new project try this place.

http://www.argoscycles.com/

Finaly a new piece of my puzzle.

Attachments

• DSCF1469.JPG
    DSCF1469.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,747
Back