Its happening again!

I think it is fair to say that until 1998, Konas were ultimatly the best bikes in the world, bar none, ever. And you can stick your others up your bum becuase they all smell and are rubbish like poo.

(Does not run for cover but arrogantly stands at the trench edge waving two kona frames singing "Whoopee whooppee we all love konas because they are the best and all the others are rubbish like poo. Pooy other bike smell" and is then shot in the head by 327 snipers....including his own men.)

But even if I had the money I wouldn't pay that.

you could get a custom setevento to kona geometry for less. Or as John says, merlin/litespeed etc.

I have never really liked Konas though, so way biased.

(wtf is all this run and hide narrative bollox? ;) )

I love the ride of old konas too.

I still haven't ridden a better feeling bike :LOL:

Hides behind adam and jezz :?

Reinforcements! lol

My excuse is the fact that over the years my body moulded to my old Lavadome so any other bike felt quite frankly, wierd in comparison. As soon as I straddled the Hei Hei (despite being a slightly smaller frame) it felt dead on (again). Same goes with the 1998 Hot.

The Pace felt great aswell - again it didnt differ too much in the geometry department and was super light and stiff too.

Of course we all have our own tastes when it comes to bikes.

What's not to like about the Kona's? The frame's geometry has been copied by other builders over and again. Wasn't the reason the ti' frames went out of production because of the enormous costs involved? As to the higher s/h prices I can only assume it's a question of supply (limited) and demand (high).

(wtf is all this run and hide narrative bollox? )

From responses like yours gump.

:)

Woah! Its all a joke....no need to get shirty people!

All to their own tastes and all that guys. Its always nice to have a debate.

The only thing I remember that was derogatory of Konas was the fact that Jo Burt coined the term:

"As common as Konas"

;)

Err.. I'm not getting shirty, that's the reason for the smiley :) just answering the "wtf" question, .. must be my typing manner!
;)

Back