rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I think not Nishiki...
Accutrax - fork?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Nishiki-MTB-Rahmen-R ... dZViewItem

a9e4_1.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
After coming across the below pic from a friend in BC I'm guessing it might be a Nishiki Barbarian, but a slightly newer year than the one pictured here:

Attachments

• barbarian75.2.jpg
    barbarian75.2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,647
...are you in to forensics :shock: :LOL:

I think you're bang on, though it's hard to make out if the blue one has the lug / insert on the seat tube.

Otherwise it looks identical. Nice piece of detective work.

Different cable routing and no brace between the seat and chain stays on the Blue one. Also looks different around the seat clamp area to me, If there is a lug there it doesn't look the same as the one in Mr. Zeros pic.

Oh, and the bottom chainstays looks to be wraped in front of the seat tube on the blue one not be butted into it. The seatstay wishbone looks to be shorter too.

cherrybomb":1r6lwxgf said:
Oh, and the bottom chainstays looks to be wraped in front of the seat tube on the blue one not be butted into it. The seatstay wishbone looks to be shorter too.

I had put the routing down to possibly different years of manufacture.

The wishbone stay length and lack of brace etc due the massive difference in frame sizes.

I'm sure you're right. I reckon it probably is a Nishiki frame, there's a lot that's the same about them.
Just goes to show how difficult it can be though don't it?? So similar, yet so different.

Top of the seat tubes are cut differently too. ;)

Back