Shimano 1990 'Off-Road Groups' catalogue

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now up with thanks to Andy B for lending it to me, we now have the
Shimano 1990 'off-road groups' catalogue up in the archive. In good high res versions too.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=83613

If you find any errors or if I could take a better scan please say.
I have rushed this a little to get it up, so it may be over compressed (to keep file size small, but I did manually choose each rate for each page, though hopefully I haven't lost much even it at high resolution dimensions)
But it looked ok at first glance.

In all my time here, I've never seen the 1990 posted on the web.

P.S. It's A4

Thanks for putting it on to the site, my scanner is still offline, pretty daft that you can't scan if you have no ink left on my HP printer/scanner :roll:

Very informative I just bought this same brochure last week off Ebay, it also came with the road version. I was going to scan them and get them up but hey that's saved me some time.

I like the fact they have put all the individual weights on there.

Do we want the road version scanned up?

HarryCrumb":23y1fl0n said:
Do we want the road version scanned up?

Yes, I scanned at 300dpi quickly on the scanner, straightened them and cropped the edges keeping it in A4 size as per the originals, then ramped down the jpg compression to get and keep it near original without reducing the size.
But my scanner kept the size down (it was the alignment and crop that had increased it :roll:), it's quite quick and scans them direct to my usb pen in jpg, no faffing.
I have a Suntour 1992 one done, just need to tidy it up and upload.
Also got Suntour 1991 with loads of geekness in it :D to do but it's long.
Also the 1991 and 1992 Shimano dealers catalouge, but they're 85 and 105 pages so that'll hopefully be next week.

Probably better you email me the original pages when you've scanned them and I 'll pop them up gmail can handle the file sizes then I can place them in the archive with the rest easily.
PM me if/when done :D

FluffyChicken":yz04wjv5 said:
Probably better you email me the original pages when you've scanned them and I 'll pop them up gmail can handle the file sizes then I can place them in the archive with the rest easily.
PM me if/when done :D

I shall give it a go, just got the scanner/printer donated last week

Looking forward to the Suntour stuff, I ll pm when I am done.

Back