Cycle to work

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
Here's a thing.

I am going for a new job, and it has a cycle to work scheme.

What is the sweetest commuting type bike you can get for £1000? I know nothing about modern bikes, but it seems silly not to if you can.

Of course, this question includes a lot of supposition, but I think I have a good chance of getting the job, without wishing to sound like an arrogant git I reckon I'd be really good at it.

it doesn't have to be a "commuting bike"

i got a condor italia with custom paint and veloce groupset. i paid a little extra which you really not supposed to do, but they offered the option, i didn't ask for it.

also, it does depend what your commute is like.

Hmm.

Never had a carbon bike. Don't like the idea.

Would it be wrong to get one and put all the parts onto a nice frame?

chris667":i8ysfcke said:
Hmm.

Never had a carbon bike. Don't like the idea.

Would it be wrong to get one and put all the parts onto a nice frame?

the bike is not yours for at least a year .

it's true that the bike technically doesn't belong to you until completely paid for but i got mine home and ripped it appart and put record on it and carbon cosmic wheels! :D then all the veloce went on my cougar. no one ever even inquired about it at work. i would suggest you can get whatever bike you want and do want you want with it when you recieve it but just don't sell any of it, that way it can be rebuilt as it should be should there be any issues.

one guy left the company i work for mid way through the scheme, he had to pay the rest of the bill before he left at the percentage of the retail price he hadn't paid at that time.

chris667":2jnq5uoq said:
Here's a thing.

I am going for a new job, and it has a cycle to work scheme.

What is the sweetest commuting type bike you can get for £1000? I know nothing about modern bikes, but it seems silly not to if you can.

Of course, this question includes a lot of supposition, but I think I have a good chance of getting the job, without wishing to sound like an arrogant git I reckon I'd be really good at it.

Having spoken to someone about this very thing the other day, you can actually get up to £1000 voucher to put towards the bike of your choice (even if it's more expensive) so long as the majority of the use is for commuting, (so you couldn't buy a BMX or full on DH rig).

I did this as well through the fire brigade.....its a no brainer if you ask me!!

I got a brand new bike and paid less than I would have for a used one and got it interest free over a year.......absolute no brainer ;)

It was my Kona Jake

You could do .....

If you get on really well with your LBS choose a bike say a stumpjumper at £999 and fill in the form

They then send you the voucher, you go to your LBS and give them your voucher you then spend £999 on something you really want and not have the stumpjumper
(know some one who did this, they added some cash and brought a better bike)

Latest posts

Back