lights

alanf

Senior Retro Guru
today I bought a decent off road light, an exposure MAXX-D :D well impressed and thats without even taking it out for a ride!
I took it with me tonight when we tooks the kids trick or treating and used it as a torch, it came into its own as we were walking back home through the village and la ocal chav decided to tear through the village at speed with all his lights on in his big rimmed pimped out nova
so I hit the high output button and burnt out his retiners :LOL: he slowed down, dipped all his lights and crawled past us with his tail between his legs :LOL: cant wait to attatch it to the bike and really use it :LOL:

I also use this lamp.

Can utterly recommend them. Love mine. And the best bit....no cables and external batts. So neat and tidy.

:D

WHOA!!!! its good! even on the low setting you have no trouble seeing what your about to hit :shock: I took it out for a quick spin around the local woods tonight, I though I'll just go out for 15/20 mins to see how it work and to set up the beam, ended up spending an hour spinning around all over the woods :D
the only thing is its directional as in it points where you turn the bars so once committed to a line through a corner your stuck to hit as you can no longer see as the main light beam is pointing through the corner at where your about to be, hit a few post holes and puddles but can put up with that till I sort out an infill light
one thing though I don't recommend is pushing the button and setting off the strobe effect while going through tight single track :shock: or riding through the section of the woods where they held the Halloween walk :twisted: and coming across a inflatable skeleton hanging from a tree is some what unnerving along with severed heads and partially unwrapped mummies!!!! :twisted:

Yep great light. I got one about a year ago and thoroughly enjoyed my weekly Friday night winter rides and pub stop.
Great upgrade from my seven year old Cateye halogen set-up.
It's always good to know that even on the very useable 300 odd lumen low power setting you've still got about 24 hours of battery life.
And the full 960 lumen power setting is superb with a great beam spread.
Highly recommended.

:shock: £260
Good lights always were expensive but not to the degree you see nowadays.I was looking in my LBS catalogue and they got lights[lupine] that cost £825
:shock: £825 :shock: you can buy a good bike for that.

I just cant see how they justify that kind of price :?

I have one of the DX lights and for the money $80 (so about £55 ish?) it is superb.

Please note the charger supplied has a USA style plug so you will need a travel adaptor.

really very happy with it and am thinking of ordering a second and having a tinker with the beam on it.

One word: Ay-Ups :shock: or is that two words. Stunning performance but not cheap. Easily outgun many more expensive lights.

dyna-ti":1clvufnu said:
:shock: £260
Good lights always were expensive but not to the degree you see nowadays.I was looking in my LBS catalogue and they got lights[lupine] that cost £825
:shock: £825 :shock: you can buy a good bike for that.

I just cant see how they justify that kind of price :?

I got my Maxx-D for £320 when they first came out and it is expensive yes.
But my previous £120 lights did me a good seven years of service with a bit of TLC, and they were made of plastic with filament bulbs.
If my current light lasts for the same amount of time, which I'm more than confident it will, then I reckon that I can justify about £45 a year for a piece of quality kit.
I couldn't stretch to the Lupines in my wildest dreams though.

Back