Saddleup, we're raisin' a posse!

mtbfix

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Some young turk over on STW is dissing the retro coolness of old bikes. Justice needs to be done. Why I bet his gears work and the geometry of his bike is correct. I bet his *spits* modern road bike weighs less than 11kg. too.

He's just jealous. Recline in the glory that is retrobike and just let his b*llsh$t was over you. Remember, how's he supposed to use 27 gears when he can't count above 10 without taking his shoes off ;)

He's just pissed off that some over weight middle aged bloke with a beard overtook him on a black graded downhill on Saturday at Innerleithen on a Repack style Schwinn Klunker. He would have been gutted if he knew we did Glentress as a warm up!
Laugh? I nearly wet my Brooks B72

Klunker Si, the modern bike slayer

Some bikes are just shit and some just don't suit the riders style/application. It really has nothing to do with age.

Like all forms of stereotyping, it's all down to ignorance and 'beliefs'.

Essentially Humans are stupid and hate each other and will find any reason to set themselves apart from others who do not share their world view. Of course the real problem is that we can't just accept that some people are differant, we have to goad and sneer and ultimately destroy what we don't understand because of this stupidity.

It clearly states in the 36th Chamber of Wu, that...

"One shalt not rise to anything said on STW for any reason, as to do so would break the covenant of the brotherhood of positive retro well being."

Let it slide. The comment is the verbal equivalent of taking a '95 Vauxhall Corsa to the lights against a 993 GT2.

;)

Refer him to that Probike(?) Procycling(?) article, that "proved" the superiority of modern bikes with a 3% increase in power output for bikes 3 decades apart...

Re: .

Grannygrinder":1bxwqbtj said:
He's just jealous. Recline in the glory that is retrobike and just let his b*llsh$t was over you. Remember, how's he supposed to use 27 gears when he can't count above 10 without taking his shoes off ;)

Hope and pray he never has to count to 21 in your presence!

Post the link and i will go and and abuse them in my Dorset Styleee. Dont they know if it wasnt for the old bikes there would be no new bikes??

He's probably got his advertisers on his back, trying to sell the next big thing.

We all know there's no money in retrobikes.... :D

Back