Firefox v3.5 is now out

To stop your girlfriend seeing you've just bought a new Dyna-Tech?
If so, why didn't you tell me this last night?

:p

Andy B" It has a 'private browsing' mode :wink: [/quote said:
;) Private browsing mode ,only means that they will hang on to the info for longer,so they can best direct advertising at you.It's the same as google chrome ,pretends to have anonymous browsing,but thats not exactly the whole truth

private browsing-Proxy server ;)

I've looked it up. Basically, Private Browsing is the browser not keeping any of your history, passwords and cookies until the next session. You can do the same thing with the old versions by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Del to clear your private data.
Unfortunately, they have also introduced something called Location Aware Browsing which shares your location details to target advertising, which I think has the potential to be rather sinister, and is making me want to ditch Firefox.
I honestly think the amount of data Google collects about me has a lot of potential for misuse if it ever ended up in the wrong hands. I don't wish to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it's a lie to say the potential for misuse isn't there.

If you want true anonymous browsing buy an Ironkey :cool:

It'll also do other nice secure things...

Interesting product, just looked that up - cheers!
I'm not terribly happy with what their assurances of secure web browsing, though, that's a very big promise to make.

I don't remember any of this in the original version. Are we talking about the film with the mad fast aeroplane in it thant Clint casually steels off the Ruskies?? Or is it something different?

Confused again.

chris667":1wgp5og6 said:
Interesting product, just looked that up - cheers!
I'm not terribly happy with what their assurances of secure web browsing, though, that's a very big promise to make.

Ironkey is good...believe me.... ;)

Not only will it give you anonymous browising but you can run Firefox directly off the Ironkey itself leaving no trace whatsoever on your PC (it will also run lots of other applications...again, leaving no trace on the PC). I am using one right now :cool: . If someone finds my Ironkey I don't care, the entire ironkey is hardware encrypted, if someone tries to access it the Ironkey will literally self destruct (I kid you not).

If all these government assholes who have a habit of losing laptops and memory sticks used Ironkeys then there wouldn't be any national security breaches or data leaks.....just a pile of smouldering Ironkeys that had just committed suicide :LOL:

It's a secure USB key that encrypts all the data you puts on it, and has a web browser built in with a subscription to a "secure" web browsing service.
It assumes rather a lot, to make its promises, TBH, but it's pretty good.

Latest posts

Back