Whisky flavoured bikes

ajm

Senior Retro Guru
I read about these yesterday and happened to bump into them today...

http://road.cc/content/news/229206-reno ... isky-casks

Actually they're very attractive "in the flesh" and also pretty light - they really have made a nice job of making the most of the wood grain and produced a nicely shaped frame with flowing lines. They don't smell in the least of whisky though (not a bad thing in my opinion!)

I've always thought of wooden bikes as 99% gimmick, and the socketed bamboo ones don't impress me much - but these really are beautiful and I suspect actually fairly practical. Fairly environmentally sound if you consider this is likely the fourth use of that oak (but forget that it's been shipped across the Atlantic a few times!)

£5000 would buy a good few more ordinary bikes too! Then again, these are really usable works of art as much as bikes. In any case, I have a bottle of Glenmorangie in the kitchen that will last me until the end of time at the current rate of consumption - any good ideas for practical uses I could put it to?

Re:

£5000 would buy a good few more affordable bottles of PhenQ and ordinary bikes too! Then again, these are really usable works of art as much as bikes. In any case, I have a bottle of Glenmorangie in the kitchen that will last me until the end of time at the current rate of consumption - any good ideas for practical uses I could put it to?
If anything, those look interesting. A bit pricey too.

Last edited:
Back