FS winter bike/hack package- 20" Kona content SOLD

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've decided to let this one go to make a little room at work. I've had much fun hacking about on it for 20 miles each day in but I've decided to pass honours back onto my rebuilt RSP frame. It's not complete as I've had to transfer a few bits and pieces across, but I'll sell what is left as a package:

- 20" Kona Cinder Cone frame from 1993 (17"c-c, 20" c-t, 22.5" tt). Sold to me last summer by it's original owner and I've no reason to doubt it's model, it certainly feels light enough. Was repainted at some point in a rather classy shade of blue and this was a half decent job it seems, but this is now looking pretty tired when viewed from close up. I primed and enamelled the worst bits in a very close shade of humbrol before rebuilding so they haven't worsened. The frame is straight and solid but there is a bit of a ding on the (less noticeable) top section of the top tube which I've tried to capture. In an ideal world the ding would be filled and frame repainted but it's tidy enough to use as is :)

- Newish set of curved Tange forks in correct size as the P2's died years ago (apparently). they actually suit the bike rather nicely and have the added bonus of 2 sets of mounts on the dropouts..

Correct size seatpost/clamp, Tange headset and Kinex (makers of Miche) sealed BB, along with a Tektro v-brake adaptor thing. All well used but working 100%. BB and headset very smooth, headset has just been regreased and checked.

- set of Deore LX M569 cranks with the more practical 5 arm compact spider fitted and usual scuffs to the arms, the taper on the non drive side is starting to wear a bit but seems to be holding up well so far as long as you don't commit the sin of greasing the BB axle... I'll throw in the original rings as well, they're not up to much TBH but may be of some use.

- Complete set of Avid v-brakes (1D's) with Kool Stop pads and new inner cables/outers in a fetching grey colour. Not flash and levers are missing paint but they work well and pads have a fair bit of life left.

- Ritchey force stem and Zoom brahma bar. The stem is actually in really good shape and just needs a polish to remove some pitting, the bars less so but are light and tidy. The bar also has some newish grips fitted that were chopped a little to suit (I found myself using the bar extensions a lot more than planned - bloomin' wind).

I think that just about covers it. Some top notch (hmmm..) pictures are below including one of the bike in a shonky SS as I was using it. In this mode all you will need is a set of wheels, pedals, chain and saddle (and mudguards if you don't like dirt and grit to accumulate in certain areas of one's person) and it will be good to go! Otherwise it could be tarted up and/or rebuilt as geared, whatever suits.

I'll do this little lot for £55 posted in the UK or £45 collected from Central London :)

SOLD

Attachments

• kona 1.JPG
    kona 1.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 251
  • kona 2.JPG
    kona 2.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 251
  • kona 3.JPG
    kona 3.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 251
  • kona 4.JPG