Retro coming back. Phones that is

Re:

Heard about this today. A friend had one and it got thrown against more walls than I can remember. It would smash, then just clip back together and carry on as if nothing had happened :LOL:

Also loved the fact you could buy so many different covers for them. In fact I still have one sat unused. A Montoya F1 one (that's how long ago it was)

Re:

Retro phones never went away,they improved.This is what I use,I got it last year.Its totally waterproof,shockproof and has a reasonable camera but what makes it stand out is the battery life.It claims a month between charges.I get on average 4 weeks between charges,no sh1t.I was sick of the fragility of smartphones and wanted to get away from the "head down finger swipe"thing.

Attachments

• DSCF3272.JPG
    DSCF3272.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 818
Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":2q3opisk said:
Retro phones never went away,they improved.This is what I use,I got it last year.Its totally waterproof,shockproof and has a reasonable camera but what makes it stand out is the battery life.It claims a month between charges.I get on average 4 weeks between charges,no sh1t.I was sick of the fragility of smartphones and wanted to get away from the "head down finger swipe"thing.

I like that. Getting fed-up with my "smart phone" not!
Just want to be able to make calls. Camera is of not interest. Play music/radio yes. Email...useful but not the end of the world.
App...why bother.

Re: Re:

Gerard":2etzmwgr said:
66 triumph daytona":2etzmwgr said:

I like that. Getting fed-up with my "smart phone" not!
Just want to be able to make calls. Camera is of not interest. Play music/radio yes. Email...useful but not the end of the world.
App...why bother.
The phone I have might look retro but is high tech but is high tech in a different direction,it prioritises reliability,durability and an incredible battery life.I couldnt recommend it higher.Submerge it in mud and shower it down,head off on hols for 3 weeks and leave the charger at home.Best of all you will enjoy conversations with your mates/better half in the restaurant/pub as opposed to the head down finger swipe thing.

Re:

I still rue the day I took my old Nokia 3410 into car phone warehouse or some such for a new battery and came out with a new fangled Samsung (which I still have and is probably 7 years old now.....) as the kids laughed so much at my idea of buying a new battery that cost more than a new phone....

My 3410 had the same treatment as listed above; dropped in the bath, covered in mud, or even being partially rolled over by a tractor. Dropped on to concrete, the worst that happened is the side chipped very slightly. The new one got dropped on to carpet at work and instantly cracked :roll:

Am I 'retro' or just getting old.....? :LOL:

I have to use an iphone for work. It is the most infuriating device I have ever had the misfortune to be within 1 metre of. Counter intuitive, despite being brand new the battery barely lasts a day, no slot for extra memory etc etc, blah blah.

I didnt miss my 5110 so much, I miss the the Sony phones I had such as the CMD-Z3 and Z5

Sony-CMD-Z5.jpg

Back